• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • montana
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

Grizzly bear in a foul mood after leaving a bear trap in Montana

Grizzly being released from a bear trap in Montana.https://www.distinctlymontana.com/vi...Uxu6Iwlo2BJRYQ
  • Mad Charlie
    Warrior
    • May 2017

He was gonna kill anything that didn't look like the forest.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2013

Yep, they will even attack the people releasing them, sometimes.

This one attacked the trap it had been in...
      Kill a hog. Save the planet.
      My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• montana
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
        Yep, they will even attack the people releasing them, sometimes.

This one attacked the trap it had been in...
        https://www.sfgate.com/outdoors/arti...g-13198579.php
        Yup. https://www.fieldandstream.com/photo...caught-camera/

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2013

That is the classic story. So much went wrong all the way down to failing to properly secure the trap for transport in the truck. People who know better just get plain lazy about their security and proper procedure.
          Kill a hog. Save the planet.
          My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• montana
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
            That is the classic story. So much went wrong all the way down to failing to properly secure the trap for transport in the truck. People who know better just get plain lazy about their security and proper procedure.
            The FWP changed their bear release policy and implemented secure, remote, trap door release measures after this fiasco.. Like most things, "change never occurs until someone is hurt or killed" no matter how obvious the hazard is..

Comment

• keystone183
              Warrior
              • Mar 2013

Why must we bring apex predators back into areas where they are going to interact with humans and livestock? Why?

Comment

• montana
                Chieftain
                • Jun 2011

Originally posted by keystone183 View Post
                Why must we bring apex predators back into areas where they are going to interact with humans and livestock? Why?
                Not all bears are problem bears.. Montana without Grizzly bears, would not be Montana. Problems have been occurring, "because the Fish and Game has been prevented from managing Grizzlies" due to D.C. politics. They have done an outstanding job considering how their hands are tied.. I have lived in Montana all of my life and we are now seeing Grizzlies in areas that were never a high density Grizzly habitat, even during the Lewis and Clark era. We are now seeing Grizzlies past Great Falls in the wheat fields.. Obviously the bear population is exploding and new territory is being sought by the over run of Grizzlies.. They need to bring back permit hunting and good management.. The other end of the stick is out of stater's build homes in prime Grizzly habitat and then freak out when one walks across their lawn.. I just hiked into Morrell Falls this last Sunday, which I have spotted Grizzlies numerous times.. I carry a pistol, rifle and pepper spray. I met over 200 people on this trail with only two people carrying bear spray and one person with a pistol..Ten years ago, I would have not met over 5 people.. There were little kids strung out all along the trail away from their parents and people acted like they were in a city park. The high vegetation on this trail can prevent seeing a bear farther than a few yards in places.. When they questioned my rifle, "they acted indifferent" when I stated they were in Grizzly country..Very few of these people were from Montana.. Most bear- people encounters can be blamed on the person, which usually ends bad for both parties involved..

Comment

• Mad Charlie
                  Warrior
                  • May 2017

" Most bear- people encounters can be blamed on the person, which usually ends bad for both parties involved.. "

Yeah, like "Oh look at the cute bear George, will you take my picture with it hugging me". Kind of like these idiots.

Comment

• Old Bob
                    Warrior
                    • Oct 2019

This could have gone bad for the videographer but luckily he kept his distance enough the sow didn't see him as a threat. Bet he had to clean is drawers though!

I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

Working...
                    X