• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobertFL
    Warrior
    • Feb 2018

95 grain TREX hogs

Nov2020sowHog.jpg Both hogs were less than 25 yards and both were head shot. The 95 grain TREX passed thru both skulls.
  • RobertFL
    Warrior
    • Feb 2018

2020NovSow.jpg The plan was to shoot a hog thru the shoulders to see what damage the Maker Bullet would do to the hog. But when they come in close its hard to pass up a head shot. Maybe next time?
    Last edited by RobertFL; 12-03-2020, 11:56 PM.

Comment

• Wellbornpapa
      Bloodstained
      • Jun 2019

Don't worry about the bullet performance as long as the pig is dead.

Comment

• sundowner
        Chieftain
        • Nov 2017

Congrats on the pigs .

Comment

• RobertFL
          Warrior
          • Feb 2018

Thanks, we seem to have a bunch of them on the lease right now. We eat 6-10 a year, these were #3 and 4. Weds night I pressure canned 7 quarts of ham and some shoulder, course ground the necks and trimmings for burger, vac packed the back straps and tender loins. Going to have a friend smoke 2 of the shoulders this weekend. Just had pressure canned ham, pork gravy with Spanish rice for lunch.. I am happy with the 123 grain SSTs but wanted to try a lead free copper bullet, DNS and his buddy (I think?) posted their Maker results and I liked the look of the Maker bullets they found in their hogs. Our place is mostly young planted pines, wetlands and swamp, a little bit of oak hammock, no open fields..

Comment

Working...
          X