X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wfburns34
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2020

Needs min/max loads for Nosler 125gr Partition, and Barnes 127 LRX using CFE223

I've been a long time Grendel owner and welcome any tips. With that said, I've been a long time hunter (40 Years+) thats only used a bolt action rifle for hunting.

So in a few months I'm going on a boar hunt, and I'm going to use my Grendel AR platform, that consists of a Mega upper / lower an a Odin works 20" barrel. It's a tac driver.

Can anyone please provide me with the min/max loads for CFE223 pushing a Nosler 125gr Partition bullet, and min/max loads for CFE223 pushing a Barnes 127gr LRX bullet.

Thanks in advance!!!
  • Old Bob
    Warrior
    • Oct 2019

Alexander Arms reloading data shows a max load of 30.7grs with CFE223 using Nosler 125gr Partitions bullets (no minimum data shown). Nosler doesn't have data for the 125gr Partition bullet with CFE223 but does for the 129gr ABLR... 29 min/31max. Their data shows this load is compressed even for the minimum load. The 127gr LRX is a tad longer than the 129ABLR so I suspect any loads made to fit in a Grendel magazine with that bullet will be compressed as well with CFE223. The 127gr LRX is a really long bullet!

I found this in these forums....

So I have a couple of 127 barnes lrx pills leftover from a 6.5 sweed project. I was going to burn them up in grendel. Does anyone have a good start point and max with 8208, cfe or h335. Thanks. Btw these will be used exclusively in a ruger bolt action. My ar doesn't like barnes. Thanks.
    I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• wfburns34
      Unwashed
      • Dec 2020

Thanks Old Bob. I was having trouble finding any published data. Thanks again for the assist.

Comment

• wfburns34
        Unwashed
        • Dec 2020

Old Bob, Did you get the the Nosler max load from Alexander Arm's website or their 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbook? Thanks!!!

Comment

• Old Bob
          Warrior
          • Oct 2019

Originally posted by wfburns34 View Post
          Old Bob, Did you get the the Nosler max load from Alexander Arm's website or their 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbook? Thanks!!!
          Oh heck! Forgot about the handbook. That previous load was from a screenshot I printed from the Shooting Times website I believe. Just looked in the handbook & I see a different number. On page 78 for the 129ABLR... 29grs CFE223 reduced, 30.4grs Max...
          I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

Working...
          X