• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gwtx
    Warrior
    • Feb 2019

Withdrawal symptoms almost

Been a few weeks since I shot a hog. Glad not to have the damage from them, but I was starting to have withdrawal symptoms This one left his mark on the turf 3 or 4 nights ago. Finally, last night, I managed to get out where he has been working,,about 5:30 AM. I hate loosing the sleep, but glad to get rid of him.
    As you can see, he was quartering away, entry a bit high(there was tall grass, and a barbed wire fence to shoot through), exit neck area between the ears. 123 SST hand loads at 2550fps, 18" Sanders Armory that has been working great for a couple years now. Distance was about 50yd shot,, kneeling . Kinda hard on an old man getting back up , but well worth the strain. We've been fortunate that the hogs have not been around for about a month, but it's because it's been so dry, there was nothing for them to eat. We had a very slim acorn crop this year. I've been enjoying all the videos during this "dry" spell. Thanks to the folks for posting them.
    Attached Files
    When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.
  • sundowner
    Chieftain
    • Nov 2017

congrats on the hog .

Comment

• diggler1833
      Bloodstained
      • Aug 2020

Good job, congrats.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2013

Well done!
        Kill a hog. Save the planet.
        My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• diggler1833
          Bloodstained
          • Aug 2020

Have had some dry spells over here for a while too. I know that they are out there, but I'm not seeing them when I go out. That will inevitably change (unfortunately) as I'll be out checking a pasture and come across 1/4 acre of damage that didn't exist a day or two before.
          Last edited by diggler1833; 01-16-2021, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• Constitutionalist
            Warrior
            • Nov 2016

Congratulations! Bet he didn't go far!

Comment

• Wellbornpapa
              Bloodstained
              • Jun 2019

Good shooting. It has been a dry winter here in Aggieland also. I know about withdrawal. Need something to shoot at.

Comment

• gwtx
                Warrior
                • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Wellbornpapa View Post
                Good shooting. It has been a dry winter here in Aggieland also. I know about withdrawal. Need something to shoot at.
                Thanks for the reply. The poor ole buzzards were about to starve, and they're starting to look kinda skinny again
                I tried to fix'em up with a skunk last night, but it was about 200yds out, and I didn't feel like "stalking". Shot and missed.
                There's not a lot to shoot at on one if you take away all the hair I don't think I'll be venturing far from the back porch for the next few nights either. This is not my kind of weather for outdoor activities Good Huntin to Ya
                When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Comment

Working...
                X