Unwashed
    • May 2019

Stopped watching when I saw ATN.
    www.instagram.com/ThisWildAdventure

Comment

• Fess
      Warrior
      • Jun 2019

Mel, have you compiled a list of which match bullets have thin jackets and which ones have thick jackets? The only reason that I ask is that Berger has made a distinction between its hunting "match" bullets and its thicker walled competition ones. They said they thickened the jackets of some match bullets to prevent them slumping in the barrel and generally to be more durable when spun rapidly. They are less likely to fragment in game. I think that Sierra also had issues with some of its bullets not holding up to a few of the more powerful cartridges and thickened a few jackets as well. I just can't remember which ones.

Comment

• mel
        Chieftain
        • Nov 2019

Originally posted by Fess View Post
        Mel, have you compiled a list of which match bullets have thin jackets and which ones have thick jackets? The only reason that I ask is that Berger has made a distinction between its hunting "match" bullets and its thicker walled competition ones. They said they thickened the jackets of some match bullets to prevent them slumping in the barrel and generally to be more durable when spun rapidly. They are less likely to fragment in game. I think that Sierra also had issues with some of its bullets not holding up to a few of the more powerful cartridges and thickened a few jackets as well. I just can't remember which ones.
        the only match bullets i shoot that ive shot animals with are the hornady eld-m / hpbt match , nosler cc, i know guys are also shooting large game with a-tips in other calibers so im going to try those on some antelope n deer this year
        i have nosler rdf's that i shoot for target shooting but to be honest i wouldnt try those on anything excetpt maybe rockchucks or squirrels
        i am going to try out the sierra 107 tmk's on coyotes though will report back on those when i get a chance which may be soon , im itching to get out into the nevada desert sometime during my vacation im on right now and going after some yotes

Comment

• mel
          Chieftain
          • Nov 2019

Originally posted by ThisWildAdventure View Post
          Stopped watching when I saw ATN.
          heck some ppl hate them some love them , mines never let me down , and i even shoot ELR with mine

Comment

Working...
          X