• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kmon
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2015

Texas Doe hunt

Wife and I went to Texas to do a little late season doe hunting. I managed to get one at about 260 yards guessed since there is a brushpile from clearing out for a big tank that starts at 210 yards from the stand and is almost 40 yards long and she was about 10 beyond the brushpile. Shot Quartering but close to straight on frontal, put it in the shoulder crease using the BDC in the Kahles scope with the 200 and 300 yard markers bracketing the shoulder crease and both lines and anything inbetween would be good for the kill. Shot took out the 3rd and 4th ribs entrance, destroyed top on one lung and a lot of the liver and exited at last rim also on the right side, guess the 2 ribs gave a little deflection left. She went less than 40 yards before piling up.

Rifle semi custom CZ527 with 22 inch Obermeyer barrel
    Bullet used some that I had and knew for sure the trajectory of from that rifle, Hornady A-Max 123 loads still have few boxes of them.

Wife got her doe that afternoon with the other CZ 527 a prestige American one chambered in 223 with a Barnes 55gr TSX, shot 102 yards and double lung behind the shoulder the deer went about 120 yards, after about 50 yard decent blood trail.

Objective accomplished some good eating meat.
  • kpswihart
    Warrior
    • Dec 2016

Congrats on the does and thanks for the report.

Comment

• sundowner
      Chieftain
      • Nov 2017

Congrats to both of you on your does .

Comment

• Constitutionalist
        Warrior
        • Nov 2016

Congratulations!

Comment

Working...