• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gwtx
    Warrior
    • Feb 2019

One More Good Hog

" a dead hog is a GOOD hog"
    I looked out last night before getting ready for bed and saw a few deer, but one of them looked like a hog. It was steadily rooting/grazing and never raised it's head, or turned where I could tell for sure. The fog/mist/humidity/resolution made it hard for positive ID. I went to the back of the house to get a better look, and spotted a hog (positive ID) in the back pasture! He was about 100yds out, and dropped on the spot.
    The POI was a bit further back from where I was aiming, but apparently impacted the spine. I was shooting 123 grain SST hand loads. The last time I chrono'd they were running 2550fps or so. This load almost never exits on the hogs I've shot,,but apparently packs plenty of shock. Took a few pics, couldn't decide which ones to post , so I posted them all. This is the second time I've typed this post, somehow I lost it the first time?? (brain burp?)
    Attached Files
    When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.
  • diggler1833
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2020

Nothing wrong with sharing lots of photos. Good kill.

Comment

• shrade
      Bloodstained
      • Sep 2020

Good job! What is the scope you have on your AR?

Comment

• gwtx
        Warrior
        • Feb 2019

Thanks. The scope is an older Pulsar Apex 38A. Bought 12/29/2015. Worked flawless until a month or so ago. The shudder stuck. Sellmark customer service is really great. Out of warranty of course, but I sent it in, and they fixed it and shipped it back in under 2 weeks. Works like new again. I paid the shipping and insurance to get it to them, and they shipped back via "overnight shipping". The tech, and customer service rep I talked to were knowledgeable and courteous, and went the extra mile to help me get my scope back asap. Well satisfied. I know you only asked what kind of scope it is, but I like to give credit when it's due.
        Good huntin to ya.
        When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Comment

• gwtx
          Warrior
          • Feb 2019

Originally posted by diggler1833 View Post
          Nothing wrong with sharing lots of photos. Good kill.
          Thanks diggler. With the scarcity of ammo and components, I really like the one shot kills I mostly get with the 123 SST.
          Looking forward to more of your videos. If I'm not killin'em, the next best thing is watching someone who is. Good Huntin to Ya

Comment

• gwtx
            Warrior
            • Feb 2019

" one of them looked like a hog. It was steadily rooting/grazing and never raised it's head, or turned where I could tell for sure." I went out today and saw where he was rooting,,,I was right, it was a hog. Maybe he will come back tonight.

Comment

• sundowner
              Chieftain
              • Nov 2017

Good looking hog , congrats on the kill .

Comment

• gwtx
                Warrior
                • Feb 2019

Originally posted by gwtx View Post
                " one of them looked like a hog. It was steadily rooting/grazing and never raised it's head, or turned where I could tell for sure." I went out today and saw where he was rooting,,,I was right, it was a hog. Maybe he will come back tonight.
                He came back to the exact same spot,,he turned out to be a she. I apparently missed my first shot, she ran and I hit her on the run with the next shot. Didn't recover her until this morning. So much for bragging about "one shot kills" She rooted around every weesatch tree over several acres in less than 5 hours.

The important thing is,,,, She IS DEAD NOW.
                Attached Files

Comment

• ruesauw
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jul 2020

well done !

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
                    Chieftain
                    • Sep 2013

Dead is good!
                    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
                    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• Wellbornpapa
                      Bloodstained
                      • Jun 2019

Good soil aerating and good hog. Two for one.

Comment

Working...
                      X