• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • txgunner00
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
    What would be sick would be a 6.5 Grendel RPD on a mount in the bird. Belt-fed hog-slaying, with steel-cased ammo. Brass would just fall out too, rather than ejecting into the crew compartment.

*drooling*
    NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• txgunner00
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Variable View Post
      Man, this thread is so full of WIN! If Texas ever lets you hunt with full auto on vermin like the pigs I'm going to have to go down there. I'd like to try my 10.5" on auto shooting bursts. I'd probably use the Wolf MPTs so I could apply them very liberally.LOL
      No problem at all with full auto on pigs! When you coming?

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

Comment

• txgunner00
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

This guy went on a hog hunt from a Huey with an M60E4 this weekend.

Comment

I just want to see the footage with the M60E4 where he is saying...."Git some! Git some!" I think it's gotta be in the new Texas Law somewhere if you look closely enough.

Comment

Looks like we just need to assemble a group and pick a time to Grendel some hogs.

Comment

• txgunner00
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

sounds good to me

Comment

• bertrunner

im in if we are getting a group finnally got mine done up. This looks awesome I need to get on this since we are neighbors and i can just shoot down there

Comment

• usmc1371
                  Warrior
                  • Aug 2011

Originally Posted by LRRPF52
                  What would be sick would be a 6.5 Grendel RPD on a mount in the bird. Belt-fed hog-slaying, with steel-cased ammo. Brass would just fall out too, rather than ejecting into the crew compartment.

me want badddd....

Comment

• Variable
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by txgunner00 View Post
                    TPWD is in the process of public hearings on using suppressors for game hunting.

Go here and voice your support! There are also a number of public hearing you can attend.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/newsmedi...?req=20120221c
                    Done! I doubt they wanted comments from non-Texas residents, but I voiced my support anyway.LOL
                    Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                    We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• Variable
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

No problem at all with full auto on pigs! When you coming?
                      I dunno.LOL It scares me to part with cash these days, but I am seriously considering this. Let me try to figure something out.

They (the chopper service) charge $400-500 an hour? I'm guessing if we did some kind of group thing we could probably net the best rate? Out of state license or permit fee totals? I'm going to have to figure out in advance what this will run to pull off in total, plus come up with a darn good defense for when I tell the wife about it....

I'd also need to get a 5320.20 for the NFA goodies and do a quick but darn sure check of Texas' NFA laws! It would hella suck to trip myself up and lose my toys that far from home!

We should really sound this out for some kind of group thing. I have a co-conspiriter on this end that I might be able to talk into joining me as well. He was crazy enough to skydive with me (his suggestion no less), so he might just be crazy enough to want to machinegun pigs in Texas.LOL!!!

Comment

Maybe it could be passed off as an LE training opportunity, and the sap tax payers could foot the bill. They just did for a $300,000 drone that crashed into a Texas SWAT Team's Bearcat APC.

Comment

• Variable
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                          Maybe it could be passed off as an LE training opportunity, and the sap tax payers could foot the bill. They just did for a $300,000 drone that crashed into a Texas SWAT Team's Bearcat APC.
                          Now there, you see, that's why we need all those Bearcats!!!

That's painful, yet hilarious! Painfully hilarious?

And yes, I steadfastly believe that my agency should pay for me to train in aerial pig interdiction!

But since they won't, I'm going to scheme mightily amongst my cohorts to figure out a way to make this happen.

ETA: I may have a moral conundrum.... The Grendel is my favorite, and would be perfect for shooting pigs via helo, but I also have a Shrike..... It may even require conducting a poll at some point. Which would be coolest for the job? 10.5" Grendel full auto suppressed or 5.56 belt-fed Shrike.... Aargh!
                          Last edited by Variable; 03-06-2012, 05:04 AM.

Comment

• txgunner00
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2011

I have a perfect solution- convert your shrike to Grendel!

Comment

• bwaites
                              • Mar 2011

Full auto Grendel on one side, Shrike on the other, I'll be on whichever gun you don't pick!

Comment

• Variable
                                Chieftain
                                • Mar 2011

I have a perfect solution- convert your shrike to Grendel!
                                Hah! I wish.LOL!!! It took me almost 9 years (just counting cash deposit time) to get one in 5.56! I'll likely be dead before we see one in Grendel.LOL! [Of course I say that while wishing someone would prove me wrong...]

Comment

Working...
                                X