• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rufjustis
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2020

Finally Broke a Dry Spell

IMG_1939 copy.jpg
    First dog in about a month and a half. Been too hot and humid to go much at all. Caught him out in a hayfield and the Grendel put his lights out. Due to security lights at houses beside the field I had to take the shot at about 200 yards.
    Last edited by Rufjustis; 08-15-2021, 03:01 AM.
  • Happy2Shoot
    Warrior
    • Nov 2018

Nice looking yote, they have been eating well.

Tell us about your ammo, rifle, and scope. Do you have a brass catcher?

Comment

• sundowner
      Chieftain
      • Nov 2017

Good looking Yote , congrats .

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2013

Good job. Self imposed dry spell?
        Kill a hog. Save the planet.
        My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• Rufjustis
          Bloodstained
          • Aug 2020

DNS, I guess you could stay self imposed... sweat soaked and covered in mosquitoes isn't as much fun as it used to be. I'd slowed down and just going a little on nights when the humidity was bearable.

H2S, it's a Bear Creek Arsenal upper; 20" stainless fluted. Got it over an Alexander Arms lower with Magpul stock and a Rise Armament trigger. Shoot Hornady Custom, 123gr. SST's. Optic is a Trijicon IR-Hunter Mk III 60mm. I'd been using a Caldwell brass catcher but just changed to a Brassgoat. I've heard a lot of complaints on Bear Creek but I can't say anything bad about them. I have another BCA upper in 6.5 Grendel, a 24" stainless fluted. Both are shooters... The Trijicon is the cats meow... Easy to operate and clear. Expensive, but worth every penny IMHO. Of course my only previous experience with thermal was with a FLIR RS-32, so I can't say it's better than this or that brand. It works for me... I run it off an rechargeable auxiliary battery pack. I can hunt a couple nights off it hard and still have battery left. Carry a spare in my pocket just in case. I like the way the brass catcher mounts and works, though it is a little noisy. I figure some moleskin in the right spots will stop all that.

Comment

Working...
          X