• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rufjustis
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2020

Latest Grendel Kills

Boar 9-22-21.jpgDog 9-2-21.jpgBoar 9-22-21.jpgDog 9-2-21.jpg

Went on 9-2-21 about 8;30 P.M. and set up on the west side of a previously hunted field. Saw a coyote when I first got there but was at least 300-350 yards off and going the other way. Walked circles around my Trigger Stick, literally, and watched the usual suspects, a couple deer, some coons and skunks. Heard coyotes off in the distance on adjoining properties but had left my calls in the truck. About 2:00 A.M. was calling it a night when one of the deer spooked off the side of the field. Figured a hog may be coming but a coyote came up over the hill. Proceeded to walk on down and catch himself a case of Covid 6.5.

Last night about 10:00 P.M. went back and had barely got to the point I was going to set up, and this boar came trotting out of some waist high cogon grass off to the side of the field. He never checked up for me to take a shot, so I had to take the moving one. First one put him down but back up he came and it took two more for him to throw in the towel. He was about 90-100 pounds and was 97 long steps.

As usual, shooting Hornady Custom, 123 grain SST's.

And with my usual computer expertise, I have somehow put the pics on twice...
  • sundowner
    Chieftain
    • Nov 2017

Congrats on the hog and yote .

Comment

• kmon
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2015

Couple good dead critters, congrats

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2013

Good job! I don't think you can go too wrong with SSTs for hogs or coyotes.
        Kill a hog. Save the planet.
        My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• nodakjohns
          Bloodstained
          • Dec 2020

Nice shooting ! And your computer skills rival mine !

Comment

Working...
          X