• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rufjustis
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2020

More Latest Grendel Victims

Boar 10-3-21.jpgBoar 10-4-21.jpgDog 10-6-21.jpgDog 10-7-21.jpgBoar 10-8-21.jpg

Got boars numbers 9, 10 and 11 from the same cornfield I've been hunting lately. Sooner or later the sows have got to start showing up...
    The peanut harvest has started and the yotes have come out to enjoy peanuts that they don't have to dig for themselves. Let one that was really banged up get in the woods one night, got one each on the nights following. Had to go back to find the third one the next day and remove him from the field.

As usual the Hornady Custom 123gr SST's work like a charm as does the Trijicon Thermal.
  • Old Bob
    Warrior
    • Oct 2019

Coyotes eat peanuts? My cousin told me coyotes made a mess of her watermelon patch. She thought it was hogs until she looked at security camera video. Coyotes will eat anything... I guess!

Good shootin' Rufjustis!
    I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• sundowner
      Chieftain
      • Nov 2017

Congrats on the hogs and yotes .

Comment

• RobertFL
        Warrior
        • Feb 2018

coyotewatermellon.jpg Good shooting! To get to our lease we have to drive thru the neighbors 4000 tree farm( last year he started running cattle on it). Its 3.5 miles of single lane lime rock and dirt roads with no houses.. The guy to our north grows peanuts, watermelons and blueberries..so a few years ago i was driving down the road and kept seeing piles of red stuff in the road, I first thought it was red grease from the logging crews equipment..after about 20 piles I stopped and checked it out. it was coyote poop, they had been in the neighbors fields eating melons. by the time I got onto our place I was still seeing red poop on the roads, maybe 35 piles. I could not believe how much red poop I saw and for over 4.5 miles We hardly ever see coyotes but hear them right at dark.

Comment

• Rufjustis
          Bloodstained
          • Aug 2020

Yessir, RobertFL, coyotes will ruin a watermelon crop.. Thats the great thing about the thermal, as the old saying goes, they can run but they'll only die tired!!

Comment

Working...
          X