• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rufjustis
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2020

Five Little Piggies

IMG_2032.jpg
    Went back to the cornfield last night and there was a coyote in the west side when I got there. I popped at him through the corn stalks only to watch him leave a lot faster than I'm sure he came in. That's when I always say, "That's why they call it hunting instead of killing!" Waited about an hour and a half and saw another coyote come in on the east side. He started working his way toward me and just when I clicked off the safety, he looked over his shoulder and then trotted out of the field into the heavy grass. About a minute later I saw hogs coming out of the brush on the north end over a quarter of a mile from me. I started for the perimeter road that runs down the east side of the field. The hogs gathered up like they were eating out of a trough and I knew they couldn't hear me approach. I walked to within 30 yards and set up. The biggest saw walked away from the group and I dropped her. Then it got kind of hectic for a few seconds... on both the hogs and my part! Dropped one at about 25 yards as she ran a circle around me. When she fell another came into the scope and down she went. Came back around and got number four. I had to put another shot in one that had gotten up and was trying to get out of the field and then watched the four for a few more seconds to make sure there were no more runners. Scanned back around and about 125 yards away stood number 5, the smallest of the group, wondering where everybody was.. One last shot and number 5 was down too.

Every hog that I had shot in this field up to this point had been a boar. These were all sows and the four biggest were all pregnant. One had 6 fetus, one had 5 and the other two we didn't open because of where I'd hit them. I figure they should have had at least the same amount of fetus. I figure all totaled I got about 25 head of hogs for the farmer.

I don't know why, but while I was loading all them girls the Queen lyric, "Fat bottomed girls you make the rocking world go round!" LOL
  • Clintster
    Bloodstained
    • Jun 2013

Encore! Encore! Haven't been out looking for piggies lately but this gives me the fever. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2013

Very well done!
      Kill a hog. Save the planet.
      My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• sundowner
        Chieftain
        • Nov 2017

Great story and congrats on the sows .