• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gwtx
    Warrior
    • Feb 2019

They Came Back

The same sounder came back this evening at the exact same time. This one turned out to be a lactating sow. Couldn't find the entrance wound. I stood on her and mashed around, but couldn't find the tiny hole the 123sst makes. But it broke both front shoulders, which is where I was aiming. Didn't look too close at the exit wound. Church tomorrow night , so it'll be Thursday evening before I go look for them again.
    Included a pic of my "drag chain". I dragged those hogs about a mile over rough terrain, and it is holding up well so far.
    Sorry, pics not too good.
    Attached Files
    When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.
  • Bottomfeeder
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2021

Good job! I have a bunch coming in to the feeders but just haven't had time to go take care of business
    Last edited by Bottomfeeder; 03-30-2022, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• sundowner
      Chieftain
      • Nov 2017

Congrats on the hog .

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2013

Good job!

I stood on her and mashed around, but couldn't find the tiny hole the 123sst makes.
        That is the way I do it, maybe even hop around a little. NEVER do this if you suspect an abdominal wound. Bad things can spray out!

Also, be careful. It is really easy for the hog to seemingly roll out from under you, but you may have figured this out, already. ;-)
        Kill a hog. Save the planet.
        My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

Working...
        X