• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gwtx
    Warrior
    • Feb 2019

They keep coming back

They are operating on a strict schedule. Doesn't vary but a couple minutes each day. As the days grow longer, they come a couple minutes later.
    Yesterday group of 10 or 12 shoats showed up. I couldn't get steady in the position I was in and missed my shot. Apparently there was no feed for them as they were just passing thru without stopping.
    This evening I went back, and there they came right on time. Same shoats. This time I waited a bit, and sure enough the "Madam" came cautiously in. There is not a lot of the protein pellets being broadcast, so there is a pretty narrow window of opportunity. She was fighting with one of the shoats, and whirled around just as I shot. Hence the point of impact behind the shoulder. She ran about 25 feet into high grass. I thought I had missed. No exit on the 123 SST. She was lactating, and "looked like" she was pregnant again, I don't do necro
    Attached Files
    When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.
  • sundowner
    Chieftain
    • Nov 2017

Congrats on your hog control .

Comment

• Bottomfeeder
      Bloodstained
      • Mar 2021

A lot of times if you wait patiently the young ones come back and try to nurse.

Comment

• Wellbornpapa
        Bloodstained
        • Jun 2019

Congrats on the wooly one!

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2013

Well, not all of them will come back, next time.
          Kill a hog. Save the planet.
          My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

Working...
          X