• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gwtx
    Warrior
    • Feb 2019

Two Sows Down

Had a visit from a large sounder last night. Picked out the largest for the first shot, and got another biggun on the first follow up, and heard another good "whop" on the second follow up, (but no recovery as of yet). Many shots fired at the tiny high speed piglets out at 200 yds. I don't think I hit a single one , I'm going to have to use better judgement in the future,,,,I'm getting short on primers and brass that will still HOLD a primer. But I couldn't resist shooting at ALL those pigs running out there.
    Haven't been out to look for anythIMG_0303.JPGIMG_0310.JPGIMG_0305.JPGing this morning. Both recovered hogs were sows.
    When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.
  • Rufjustis
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2020

This makes me happy and sad all at the same time... Happy you got them and sad because it reminded me I haven't had a hog in my sight since back in November!! I know how you feel on the many shots at the piglets too. My trigger finger sometimes goes into a seizure and I burn up more rounds than I mean too.

Comment

• sundowner
      Chieftain
      • Nov 2017

Good job on the sows .

Comment

• ETEX HUNTER
        Bloodstained
        • Aug 2020

nice job

Comment

• 603 Country
          Warrior
          • Apr 2022

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
            Chieftain
            • Sep 2013

Man, you are dropping them with great regularity! Outstanding!
            Kill a hog. Save the planet.
            My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• gwtx
              Warrior
              • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
              Man, you are dropping them with great regularity! Outstanding!
              Since a lot of the neighbors feeders are off, the pigs are moving around more. I popped another one last night(pow whop) but she ran into heavy brush. Didn't see any vultures in that area today, so can't confirm the kill. I'm sure there will be another chance, If I get out and look around.
              When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Comment

• Bottomfeeder
                Bloodstained
                • Mar 2021

Nice work!

Comment

Working...
                X