• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IlliniFan
    Unwashed
    • May 2022

Coyote Hunting in Iowa

Got a big male coyote to come in on pup distress sounds. Dropped at 126 yards with the 20" 6.5 Grendel/Pulsar Trail 2 XQ50 LRF. Speer 90 grain TNT with 30 grains of H335, CCI 450, Hornady Brass.

IMG_6998.PNGIMG_7000.PNGIMG_7002.PNGIMG_7004.PNG
  • sundowner
    Chieftain
    • Nov 2017

Congrats on the big yote .

Comment

• gwtx
      Warrior
      • Feb 2019

congrats and great looking "rig". Thanks for the info on the load. Been meaning to try that recipe but the shortages and expense don't allow that right now. Thanks for the post/pics.
      When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Comment

• IlliniFan
        Unwashed
        • May 2022

Thanks. I just got into loading ammo; this was my first batch. Before, I was shooting Hornady Black 123 grain ELD-M as it was all I could find but I was getting too many runners. The TNT's have worked much better for me. In my 20" Grendel the MagnetoSpeed had a velocity reading of approximately 2700 fps with the 30 grains of H335. I may increase the powder a bit next time to maximize my MPBR. I like to use the StrelokPro app to calculate my holds and for what-if scenarios in loading ammo.

IMG_7011.PNG

Comment

• gwtx
          Warrior
          • Feb 2019

I have the cheap version of Strelok. I use it to initially confirm my loads. I zero at 70yds which comes back across zero at 140yds, and the SST flies so good I'm an 1" low at 40yds and again at 170yds, and the peak in between is only .35" high . Most of my shots are less than 200yds. At 200yds I'm only 2.5" low, so I just aim at the back line and it usually works well IF I can get steady. This works the best for me because my gray hair keeps me from remembering all the numbers
          Welcome to the forum. Good huntin to ya.
          When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Comment

Working...
          X