• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gwtx
    Warrior
    • Feb 2019

Finally Found Him

Shot a good size boar Sunday night. I came up on him quickly on my 4 wheeler and had to hurry the shot, but I was sure it was a good hit. He trotted away on the initial shot, and when I pulled the trigger for a follow up shot, all I got was a "CLICK" !!! Cycled and put two rounds into the brush he had ran into. Searched for a while and decided it was a "lost" cause . Watched for the buzzards off and on all day Monday, and never saw them.
    Finally today I saw them, and found the boar. He was down in a ravine hidden by really thick brush. Of course he was swollen up, but still could tell he was a large hog. Took a couple of really gross pics to show his cutters.
    Sorry if they are offensive. If you think that is offensive, you should have been with me when I found him, P U
    Attached Files
    When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.
  • Happy2Shoot
    Warrior
    • Nov 2018

How far did he travel from where you shot him? Decided not to click the pics.

Comment

• sundowner
      Chieftain
      • Nov 2017

Those are good sizes cutters ,congrats .

Comment

• Zeneffect
        Chieftain
        • May 2020

Pics aren't that bad. I'm rather surprised he wasn't more chewed up from other scavengers

Comment

• gwtx
          Warrior
          • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Happy2Shoot View Post
          How far did he travel from where you shot him? Decided not to click the pics.
          Only about 20yds to the ravine, but even the buzzards couldn't him for almost two days
          When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
            Chieftain
            • Sep 2013

Good Job!

Lost hogs are always a concern. Did they get away with a minor wound, horrific survivable wound, or was it mortally wounded and just managed to go farther than expected or hide better than it could be found at night? Sometimes, all you need is a little more light (like the Sun), and a different perspective and all of a sudden, lost hogs sometimes become obvious.
            Kill a hog. Save the planet.
            My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• gwtx
              Warrior
              • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Zeneffect View Post
              Pics aren't that bad. I'm rather surprised he wasn't more chewed up from other scavengers
              Even the buzzards and coyotes couldn't find him for almost two days
              Last edited by gwtx; 05-18-2022, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• gwtx
                Warrior
                • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
                Good Job!

Lost hogs are always a concern. Did they get away with a minor wound, horrific survivable wound, or was it mortally wounded and just managed to go farther than expected or hide better than it could be found at night? Sometimes, all you need is a little more light (like the Sun), and a different perspective and all of a sudden, lost hogs sometimes become obvious.
                I'm just glad to find him and know that I hit what I was shootin at The ravine he was in is so thick with brush, the deer don't even travel through it. I likely would have never found him if I didn't watch for the buzzards.
                Last edited by gwtx; 05-18-2022, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• Constitutionalist
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2016

Those are quite a set of choppers! Glad we don't have that problem in our area (yet). I'm sure you're glad he's no longer running around. I'll take our black bears and the occasional cougar over hogs. Much less destructive!

Well done!

John

Comment

• Happy2Shoot
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2018

Originally posted by Constitutionalist View Post
                    Those are quite a set of choppers! Glad we don't have that problem in our area (yet). I'm sure you're glad he's no longer running around. I'll take our black bears and the occasional cougar over hogs. Much less destructive!

Well done!

John
                    "Location Metro Detroit"

Don't worry there is still time.

Picture is from Germany

Comment

Working...
                    X