• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gwtx
    Warrior
    • Feb 2019

Porker DRT

It's been dry so long around here, the hogs have been staying close to the river bottom, and not doing any damage near my place. We finally got some rain, and that usually gets'em out "grazing". I checked on a feeder last night that has not been in operation for a while, and I had just about quit checking it. Last night I did, and I found a small sounder "cruising around there, and Whacked this good size sow at about 60yds . The area is a small clearing in heavy brush, and it only takes a few seconds for the rest to flee into the brush. I did waste a round as they went into the brush, but I'm sure it wasn't a hit. The 123sst entry wound was hard to find. It was on the left shoulder, about as big as a pencil point(zoom). Exited straight across, with a 3/4 - 1 " hole. Most of the time the sst's don't exit on my shots. I think it's due to hitting bones. As long as they die quick, I don't care whether they exit or not. ,,, she was DRT, and only "shuffled" for a few seconds.
    Attached Files
    When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.
  • sundowner
    Chieftain
    • Nov 2017

Congrats , good shot .

Comment

• CJW
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2019

Comment

• Wellbornpapa
        Bloodstained
        • Jun 2019