• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

Fur Friendly Shooting - Coyotes

I don't know how replicable this is, but we have done it twice. It seems to work even with large calibers.

Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
  • kmon
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2015

Good shooting, interesting that neither bullet exited.

I have had one Grendel 123gr A-max not exit a Coyote and it was a facing directly away shot on a large 40+lb male that flipped his tail to the side and gave me a round bulls eye that I centered. That mess I did not try to recover the bullet.

Comment

• montana
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2011

Bullets can do strange things, but I have seen the opposite. I have seen numerous elk with gaping entrance wounds that were not fatal because of poor bullet construction. 270's were notorious for this using the 130 grain bullets of the day. I shot a small deer with a 225 gr Sierra game king 338 Win mag that ran for over a mile. The bullet blew up on impact and left a huge gaping hole that wasn't fatal.. I shot a coyote at close range with a Remington core lock 180 bullet that left a huge hole on the opposite side. Definitely not a pelt bullet. I shot a big buck in the front with a 300 Weatherby using a triple X 180 grain Barnes and the bullet traveled the entire length of the body and existed the bunghole with zero damaged meat..

Comment

• sundowner
        Chieftain
        • Nov 2017

Great video and thanks for the info .

Comment

Working...
        X