X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Last edited by VASCAR2; 07-27-2022, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• EastTNHunter
      Warrior
      • Jul 2021

Originally posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
      Well, if you look at their videos where they compare performance to FMJ, it is a close match, only bigger performance because the bullet is longer (copper being less dense than lead).

I need a situation with three or five hogs lined up side by side...

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2013

Sorry, ETNH, I didn't realize I had missed your post and query. No, I have no idea what happened to the other hog. I walked and then drove around all of the open area in doing my search. If the hog made it into the woods, proper, or found a bush or hole to hide in, I don't know.

Your assessment of the tumbling is correct. It is somewhat iffy in how it occurs and the rate at which it occurs. I have done a couple videos more since this one and I am not real happy with the results. I have given up working with FSM TUI ammo as a result. Whether lead or copper, TUI (FMJ or solids) seems to be a less lethal means of trying to kill animals than proper expanding ammo.

In other news, I am trying out from Hornady CX 120 gr. bullets loaded by Druid Hill Armory to see how they do.
        Kill a hog. Save the planet.
        My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• EastTNHunter
          Warrior
          • Jul 2021

Originally posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
          Sorry, ETNH, I didn't realize I had missed your post and query. No, I have no idea what happened to the other hog. I walked and then drove around all of the open area in doing my search. If the hog made it into the woods, proper, or found a bush or hole to hide in, I don't know.

Your assessment of the tumbling is correct. It is somewhat iffy in how it occurs and the rate at which it occurs. I have done a couple videos more since this one and I am not real happy with the results. I have given up working with FSM TUI ammo as a result. Whether lead or copper, TUI (FMJ or solids) seems to be a less lethal means of trying to kill animals than proper expanding ammo.

In other news, I am trying out from Hornady CX 120 gr. bullets loaded by Druid Hill Armory to see how they do.

Comment

• Bevo
            Warrior
            • Feb 2018

I still have some of this stuff in my safe; I need to put it through my 20" Proof barrel and see what happens. The last barrel (20" Satern cut rifle) did not like it at all. Tumble Upon Impact? No, more like tumble BEFORE impact.

Comment

Working...
            X