• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 65GbySeven
    Warrior
    • Dec 2018

Doing my part...

Speer 90 TNT at 50 Yards. Curly shuffle was spirited, so he received a quality assurance shot.

6126.jpeg
    6127.jpeg
    6129.jpeg
    6128.jpeg
  • Happy2Shoot
    Warrior
    • Nov 2018

How big were his tusks? Looked serious.

Comment

• sundowner
      Chieftain
      • Nov 2017

Congrats on your boar .

Comment

• 65GbySeven
        Warrior
        • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Happy2Shoot View Post
        How big were his tusks? Looked serious.
        I didn't measure them but 2.5"-3" maybe longer...? The buzzards should have him cleaned off by the time I go back in a couple weeks.

I am not a does mounts with my harvests, but this guy's skull would have looked pretty good.

Comment

• BlogSarge
          Warrior
          • Nov 2018

Comment

• 65GbySeven
            Warrior
            • Dec 2018

Mainly I cut some small "chops" out of the backstraps then grind the rest up with a little pork belly. We use the ground pork for whatever...season and brown it up, through in some mixed veggies and dinner for four. The kids eat it up.

FYI you can get a meat grinder attachment for your wife's Kitchen Aid stand mixer for around $40-$50 bucks and it works great.

When I looked at getting a dedicated grinder, most of the cost is in the motors...and marketing. The Kitchen Aids have great motors. I run them for an hour or two straight with no issues.
            Last edited by 65GbySeven; 04-10-2023, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• 65GbySeven
              Warrior
              • Dec 2018

This is about the easiest and cleanest way I have found to get the quarters, backstraps, and tenders without "smelling the guts." This gets 80% of the meat. I took the ribs off a 250LB. hog once...not enough meat to justify the extra work and smell.

Comment

• 603Country
                Bloodstained
                • Mar 2023

I never gut them any more. I debone the hindquarters and shoulders and take the backstrap. My neighbor, on the other hand, wants everything but the guts. Even wants the neck roast.

Comment

• gwtx
                  Warrior
                  • Feb 2019

That's a big headed rascal. Thanks for killin him, and for the pics.
                  When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Comment

Working...
                  X