• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gwtx
    Warrior
    • Feb 2019

One Moar Boar

I think this is the fifth one in just over a week. They are lovin the soft, wet soil.
    This one looked to have been in a few fights. The cutters were broken, and a number of scars here and there. He was a thick, solid hog. Had to stalk through tall grass, rooted ground, and waist high(in some areas) mesquite and huisatche saplings. Was hard to get a clear shot due to the weeds, and he kept his butt towards me for what seemed like forever. Couldn't kneel and be able to see him, so it was a free standing shot. After the stalk, this old man was a bit shaky, but managed to hit him. He took off running, and I shot and hit him again. As the pic shows, he was hit just behind the shoulder. A little further back than optimal, but he was "haulin buns". The only other wound I could find was a perfect 1/2" hole right next to his hole(anus). I can't figure out how that happened unless he turned just as I fired. Just one more time I wish I had video set up on my scope. He crashed instantly, and never moved a muscle. I watched him for a good while thinking he was gonna jump up, but he never did. Long trip back to the house to get the camera I forgot to bring Good huntin to yall
    Attached Files
    When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Good shooting! Thanks for posting gwtx!

Comment

• sundowner
      Chieftain
      • Nov 2017

Congrats on the hog gwtx .

Comment

Working...
      X