X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TedBrewer5
    Warrior
    • Dec 2019

Congratulations on your buck. What gun and load are you shooting?

Comment

• BL2551
      Unwashed
      • Oct 2023

Originally posted by TedBrewer5 View Post
      Congratulations on your buck. What gun and load are you shooting?
      not sure if you were asking me... I am shooting a 16" barrel 6.5 G AR I built.Using Hornady balck 123 gr eldm bullets.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2013

This is one of those issues where behavior is confused with capability. It isn't that the deer or other critters can't hear the noise. Snap a twig while making a stalk and I have seen heads turn from 75-100 yards away. So the issue isn't that they can hear the Grendel, suppressed or otherwise, but that they aren't reacting in the manner you expect.

Apparently, animals perceive the world quite differently. They don't understand external ballistics. Many don't understand being shot at until they are shot at, sometimes more than once. People have this problem as well.

Here is a great example. It could be argued that the deer didn't hear the gunshot because he doesn't react to the sound of them in a manner we would expect, but the deer obviously hears just fine as he responds to the grunt tube. The rifle appears to be unsuppressed. The deer doesn't leave until after the 3rd shot.
        Kill a hog. Save the planet.
        My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• kmon
          Chieftain
          • Feb 2015

Congrats on a great 8, well done sir.

First buck I had run toward me after the shot was years ago with an 18.5 inch barrel 7mm-08 not exactly a quite gun. I think they get hit and run simple as that sometimes straight sometimes right angle. Several since then have run toward me after being shot, one was a doe at 450 or so yards. She ran about 75 yards stopped looked back where she had been got the wobbles and fell over on a pasture road making for very easy recovery. Both of those actually ran, stopped and looked back at where they were when hit before toppling over.

A deer is hit with a bullet before it can hear any noise from the shot but just barely. I think they know something painful happened and run some direction. People think they are being charged by hogs after they shot them but I think they were just standing where the hog ran.

Comment

Working...
          X