• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gwtx
    Warrior
    • Feb 2019

Yote had heart attack?

Stepped out on the back porch last night and spotted a yote trotting straight for the barn. He spotted be about the same time and froze facing directly at me. There was a field wire fence half way between us, and the resolution in my scope was not good due to humidity, so I couldn't tell where the openings were in the fence. I knew he was "fixin" to break and run so I ignored the fence, shot, and he dropped instantly. He never made another motion at all. I'm sure I hit him in the chest, but I looked and mashed around on him but never found entrance or exit wound. I guess he had a heart attack
    123 SST, 27.5gr ArComp. 105 yds. I had a picture, but lost it.

Haven't seen any hogs yet, but I did see a small "rooted area" yesterday, so they'll be showing up soon. Good not to have the damage, but I sure like shootin'em
    Last edited by gwtx; 11-24-2023, 03:08 AM. Reason: sp
    When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

Some people just think such awesome power is limited to the .50 BMG sucking eyeballs out of the heads of deer without even hitting the deer. No entry or exit? You just proved the Grendel can suck the soul out of a coyote without hitting it.

We apply pressure to the animal in order to express blood from the wound(s). On coyotes, it is pretty easy. On fatty hogs, it can take a lot of pressure.
    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• gwtx
      Warrior
      • Feb 2019

I went and looked at the carcass this morning, and it appears the buzzards may have found the entrance wound in the throat, and there looks to be damage to the right hip structure. I think the bullet traveled the length of the body, and is/or was somewhere around the hips. Hard to tell, but that was my thought to begin with. I have shot quite a few yotes where it was hard to find the tiny hole the SST makes, but normally always a very easy to spot nasty exit hole.
      Who knows? Main thing is there is one less yote out there trying to get my "barn cats".

Still don't know what happened to the picture I had. Good huntin to yall
      When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Comment

• sundowner
        Chieftain
        • Nov 2017

Congrats on the yote .

Comment

• Timitus
          Bloodstained
          • Dec 2022

Nice and thank you for the follow up.

Comment

• kmon
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2015

Congrats on the yote.

I have had a couple that the bullet hole was a little hard to find, well one really, the one shot in the eyeball with a 17 Remington at about 60 yards had gray and red stuff coming out the ears and nose. Biggest yote I have got was facing away from me and the Grendel at about 70 yards, flipped his tail to the side and gave a round bullseye so that is where I shot it. He sat and quivered a few seconds and fell over, guess he passed from a pain in the butt, the small female he was with took off and stopped looking back broadside at 247 yards which is where she died. Thus ended the first 2 yotes with my Grendel.

Comment

• gwtx
              Warrior
              • Feb 2019

kmon, thanks for the reply, and the story. I did that to a hog one time. Texas heart shot?

Comment

Working...
              X