• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trubulator
    Warrior
    • Aug 2022

A pair of does

I shot a couple of does this morning with a 129 grain ABLR doing 2217 FPS out of an 18" barrel:

- Doe #1: 150+pounds on the hoof. Hit her at 250 yards where she dropped immediately. As we skinned her out, the bullet hit the front, high edge of the shoulder and then impacted the spine. Couldn't find an entrance wound, but there was about a baseball sized area that was, well, chunks. Small exit wound on the far side of the neck, but I assume the bullet broke up/turned itself inside out.

Doe #2: 100ish pounds on the hoof. Hit her at 200 yards and she made it 10 feet. Bullet entered through the meat of the lower front quarter, made about a 1 inch in diameter hole in a rib, took out the top of the heart, tore up the lungs, and exited the other side of the chest cavity.

I continue to be impressed with the efficient terminal performance of this round.
  • sundowner
    Chieftain
    • Nov 2017

Congrats on the does .

Comment

• kmon
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2015

"Meat it's what's for dinner"

Congrats on the does

Comment

• bmash
        Bloodstained
        • Mar 2022

Comment

• trubulator
          Warrior
          • Aug 2022

Terminal performance was very impressive. I'd have no qualms with 400 yard shots. Last year I shot a doe at 325 yards with an SST and she was DRT.

Comment

• kmon
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2015

I killed a doe last week with same bullet started at 2450fps, through rib then lungs and out rib from about 70 yards. Lungs could not be recognized and poured out when field dressing. Inside she looked like 20 or more others I have shot with the 7mm-08 with 140gr Ballistic tips with similar double lung shots. Dead after a short run.

I am liking this bullet

Comment

• Timitus
              Bloodstained
              • Dec 2022

Nice going. It is great to here that the bullet works so well for so many people. I will watch out for a box of these to try.

Comment

• trubulator
                Warrior
                • Aug 2022

Originally posted by Timitus View Post
                Nice going. It is great to here that the bullet works so well for so many people. I will watch out for a box of these to try.

I gave up trying to find a box and picked up some seconds on Shooters' Pro when they showed up.

Comment

Working...
                X