Shot this male yote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shot this male yote

The grendel hit its mark on this here yote around midnight last night. A friend and I spotted him with the D-760 as he was mouseing on the edge of a wood line 300 yds away. We checked the wind and it was working in our favor so we decided to stalk up on him. We just couldn't keep up with his pace. We would walk 50 paces and he would walk 50 paces away from us. He didn't notice us so we hurried back to the golf cart thinking we could circle around a cut of woods heading towards the same wood line he was workin. Sure enough luck was on our side and up over a small ridge in the field he appeared. Just like before he was workin the edge of the woods at a steady pace. My buddy grabbed the trigger stick as I jumped off the cart. I put the Grendel up on the stick and wolffed at him so he would stop. I took my time as the cross hairs on my scope was circling all over this yotes body. I knew that time was a factor and the heat was on as my buddy was saying "hurry shoot him". I was thinking " shut the ***k-up as I squeezed the trigger. This yote dropped in his tracks as the 123 gr Amax penetrated his right chest cavity and exited out the left shoulder. We paced the shot off at 182 paces. So I'm guessing the shot at 150

Now the rest of the story. We also had shots on 2 other yotes and I missed both of them. Nothing like your huntin buddy sayin "hurry shoot him". I'm gonna have to have a talk with him.

Nice. I would like to shoot a yote and get it mounted. I need to do more hunting and less paper punching! lol.......

Comment

I really look forward to your posts, as I know I'm going to get a treat of some slain beasts, a night vision-equipped AR15 Grendel, and turd-eating grins, with a cool story to boot.

Comment

• Variable
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
        I really look forward to your posts, as I know I'm going to get a treat of some slain beasts, a night vision-equipped AR15 Grendel, and turd-eating grins, with a cool story to boot.
        Heehee, ditto what LRRPF52 said!
        Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
        We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Thanks guys...I really like to hunt and now that I have a really good night vision device I can hunt 5 times more than I used to. Plus I get to see wild game everytime I go out. It is amazing what one can see during the darkness when looking into a clearly built device.
          I also feel like I owe it to this forum. If it wasn't for this board I woudn't have even built this AR in the .264 Grendel. I also had a few problems with my rifle and you guys were here to help. So to make a long story short, everytime I post a sucessful hunt I'm really sayin "Thanks Guys"

Comment

• txgunner00
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

You are making me jealous.
            NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Your point about seeing more game at night is well taken.

Comment

• usmc1371
                Warrior
                • Aug 2011

nice shootin and nice setup.

Comment

• Rockdriller

Nice shot bud! What is that night scope you are using?

Comment

Night Optic D-760 Gen3 hand select..auto gated manuel gain. 6 power

Comment

That is awesome!

Comment

Working...
                      X