Any Hog Hunting recommendations for North Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Hog Hunting recommendations for North Texas?

Anyone have any recommendations for Hog Hunting in North Texas? I see many of them don't allow AR's.
    Want to take a couple of grandsons out and let them use the Grendels.
    Gdaddy

Find a friend with a land or lease. Paying to Hog hunt in Texas is just an awful idea as most people are so covered up they'd beg you to kill as many possible however you can.

Comment

• txgunner00
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by gagelprom View Post
      Find a friend with a land or lease. Paying to Hog hunt in Texas is just an awful idea as most people are so covered up they'd beg you to kill as many possible however you can.
      Unfortunately, I don't find this to be the case very often unless you know somebody. Most land owners either want them for themselves, don't want them shot (city folk with too much $$ typically) or want to get paid for the hassle of allowing strangers access to their land. Reasonably priced outfitters that allow AR's shouldn't be too hard to find. Check postings at local sporting goods stores, feed stores or Craigslist.com.
      NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Originally posted by txgunner00 View Post
        Unfortunately, I don't find this to be the case very often unless you know somebody. Most land owners either want them for themselves, don't want them shot (city folk with too much $$ typically) or want to get paid for the hassle of allowing strangers access to their land. Reasonably priced outfitters that allow AR's shouldn't be too hard to find. Check postings at local sporting goods stores, feed stores or Craigslist.com.
        I agree, I've been told so many times that people will nearly pay to let you come shoot them. But when I start asking for names or phone numbers I get a blank stare.

Comment

Originally posted by FiremanTx View Post
          I agree, I've been told so many times that people will nearly pay to let you come shoot them. But when I start asking for names or phone numbers I get a blank stare.
          Need to make some new friends! Blank stares are from people like me who can shoot as many as I want, when I want, but couldn't bring or invite anyone as it isn't my property.

I'm surprised you are finding places with an AR restriction, seems like the tool of choice lately.

Comment

Texas is now the 2nd most populus state in the union. 26,000,000 people. Somthing like 34 people/km2. I think they all have guns. About half are male and would like to hunt if it is free/cheap/easy. Pigs can do a lot of damage, but people can do more. Few landowners want millions of uncontroled people running around on their land with firearms looking for somthing to kill. Make friends at places like redneck/cowboy bars, hangingi out in feed stores or cattle auctons, maybe rodeos.

Comment

Originally posted by gagelprom View Post
              Need to make some new friends! Blank stares are from people like me who can shoot as many as I want, when I want, but couldn't bring or invite anyone as it isn't my property.
              That sounds about right!

Comment

• LightningII

try feed stores in smaller towns, Tractor Supply if you have one.
                i bet they have a bulletin board for people selling hay, stock, etc.

Comment

Working...
                X