X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mongoosesnipe
    Chieftain
    • May 2012

The sauer rifles are incredibly well made a always questioned their price until I held on the it all made sense
    Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• Von Gruff
      Chieftain
      • Apr 2012

Watched that one a number of times as it has been posted on various forums and it never looses its appeal. Spectacular shooting with a familiar rifle worked with consumate ease. Gaining a hit on a runing animal is something to celebrate but to do it as consistently and as accurately as he does is shooting at another level altogether.
      http://www.vongruffknives.com/

sigpic Von Gruff

Grendel-Max

Exodus 20:1-17
      Acts 4:10-12

Comment

That is a really cool vid. The way the guy cycles that bolt and still stays on target is very impressive. I wonder of this guy did have the opportunity and did take a AR Grendel on one of his hunts, how much more fun he would have?

Comment

• bwaites
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Shivesy View Post
          That is a really cool vid. The way the guy cycles that bolt and still stays on target is very impressive. I wonder of this guy did have the opportunity and did take a AR Grendel on one of his hunts, how much more fun he would have?
          He'd be bored! He runs that bolt gun incredibly well, having a semi-auto would make it like shooting fish in a barrel to him!

Great video, of a great shooter!

Comment

That is some fine shooting.

Comment

I wondered the same thing about him using an AR15 Grendel. I doubt any of those hogs would have made it through the kill zone. I'm really looking forward to taking a Grendel to hunt wild boar sometime.

Comment

He is a stud!

Comment

Just watched the vid. Pretty cool. Did you happen to notice the shot that went through the small tree? About half way through the vid. there is a hog that falls into the little ravine/trench. Watch the slow motion section and you will see the bullet strike the left side of the small tree as the hog runs behind it.

Comment

I just watched the vid. Good shooting. He would probably be even better if he used a cartridige with lesser recoil-say somthing liked the Grendel. Lesser recoil means faster recovery for the shooter.

Comment

• Von Gruff
                      Chieftain
                      • Apr 2012

I heartily dissagree. Watch the first minute again and there is no hesitation between the shot and bolt work to chamber another shot. I just cant see that he could be any quicker or smoother than what he has exibited.
                      http://www.vongruffknives.com/

sigpic Von Gruff

Grendel-Max

Exodus 20:1-17
                      Acts 4:10-12

Comment

Van Gruff. I welcome disagrement, but thats just a silly thing to say . I just got back from my martial arts class, and I can tell you the harder you get kicked the longer it takes you to recover. I dont think it matters if that kick comes from a rifle or a foot; softer kick =faster recovery. If the action was micro length (like the Grendel) the bolt would have a shorter distence to travel than a full length action (like the 7 mag). That being said he was fast enough, or at least faster then needed for pigs.

Comment

Working...
                        X