Grendel got a little crazy last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Northwind,
    In my experience, wild hogs have a much sweeter taste than domestic swine. I, however do not eat boars, as most people dont that I know. They BBQ good, make good sausage, chops, etc. The ribs are usually small and less meaty than dom. hog, but they are tasty!

Richard

Comment

Thank you for the compliments. Also thank you guys for appreciating the time I spent in the service, the pleasure was all mine.
      I am 50 years old and live in Columbus, Georgia. I hunt the surrounding areas around here. One thing nice about Georgia is that we can hunt hogs and yotes 24/7/365 days a year. Night Vision is also allowed.
      To break it down as far as the hogs go. We have alot of hogs around here. They like to be around water and food (peanuts). They also are nocternal and have a superior nose that can smell you if the wind is right. At night them hogs can't see worth a darn. So...find large peanut fields around water, ask permission to hunt them at night, grab a Grendel and top it off with a Gen 3 night vision scope and be prepared to loose a night of sleep.

Once that is done get out there and spot them pigs. Get yourself positioned downwind and walk right up on them, say 70 yds or so. Remembering that your zeroed in at 100 yds. Get to close and that between the eyes shot wont be between the eyes. Take out big mama with a head shot. Yea she gonna drop right there and those little piggies won't know where to go or what to do. Now here is where you flip the safety switch to full auto and let loose the rest of your 25 round clip. Just yankin your chain a bit. I'm NOT set-up full auto, but I do squeeze that trigger fast. Once the smoke has cleared, go check out your prize.
      Last but not least, don't forget to post some pictures for your internet Grendel buddy's to drool over. LOL

Comment

Shivesy,

You look like you're about 25 in the pics! Maybe it has something to do with the fact that you're out whacking pork in the middle of the night with an AR15 chambered in Grendel topped with Gen 3 Night Vision? Tabbed or Battalion?

Comment

Both Tabbed & in 3rd Batt..class 10-85
          Last edited by Guest; 09-01-2012, 04:22 PM.

Comment

I wonder what your Situation Paragraph looks like for your mission order before going out on the hogs and coyotes...

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
              You look like you're about 25 in the pics!
              I'm with LRRPF52 - I had you pegged as sub-30 and chasing hogs like a young fella. I guess I was half-right!

Comment

• RangerRick

Originally posted by Shivesy View Post
                Both Tabbed & in 3rd Batt..class 10-85
                Not that long after me (13-81), hoo ah. I don't look 25, though, for sure!

RR

Comment

Working...
                X