Got the new build out for the first time today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the new build out for the first time today.

I just got this 6.5 Grendel carbine put together and took it out for some Central WA groundhog action. I was shooting factory Hornady 123gr A-Max's. Which are increadably accurate out of my 17" SS, AA barrel. It was easy to stay on hits with the JP adjustable gas block and Enidine buffer.

Today was the first time I have shot the Hornady factory 123's, I just wanted to see how it would shoot the factory stuff, seeing I have only shot handloads in my Grendel's. Bellow are a few picks of groups I shot this morning with the factory 123gr A-Max. All theses groups were shot using my pack in the above picture as the rest, so im sure if I was at the bench with a rest or off of my bipod it would improve some.

Both the 300 yard groups measured 1-7/8" with a tape, no mic with me. The 100 yard group went just under 1/2" Not bad for factory stuff @ 20.00 a box. It costs just about that for my empty AA brass per 20. My rifle doesn't care for the AA brass but it loves my handloads in Hornady and .264 LBC brass.

I can't wait to put together my Satern 28" upper and try the Hornady 123's! The barrel on the above carbine was a 18" that was turned down to lighten it up and threaded 5/8-24 for a suppressor.
  • longdayjake

I should warn you that enidine buffers have been known to cause bolt breakage in 6.5 grendels. Just fyi. However, adjusting the gas might take care of the problem. Anyone with more experience wanna chime in?

Comment

Hence the JP adjustable gas block????? AND?????

Comment

• longdayjake

Yeah I noticed the adjustable gas block. I just don't know if it will help with the problems caused by the enidine. Hence the plea for info from more experienced players. Don't be so quick to get all defensive. I was just trying to be helpful. I guess I will just shutup and go away.

Comment

Originally posted by longdayjake View Post
          I should warn you that enidine buffers have been known to cause bolt breakage in 6.5 grendels. Just fyi. However, adjusting the gas might take care of the problem. Anyone with more experience wanna chime in?
          I seem to remember on the old forum reading that the shearing problem was caused by some members who were using an enidine for a .223 in their Grendel. I've been using the buffer sold by AA specifically designed for the Grendel. After shooting 1000+ rounds I've never had a problem. I also use the JP adjustable gas block and it's a beautiful combination.

Steel89

Comment

• longdayjake

I seem to remember on the old forum reading that the shearing problem was caused by some members who were using an enidine for a .223 in their Grendel. I've been using the buffer sold by AA specifically designed for the Grendel. After shooting 1000+ rounds I've never had a problem. I also use the JP adjustable gas block and it's a beautiful combination.
            Thats awesome. I wonder what the difference in the enidine for a 5.56 is.

Comment

• rasp65
              Warrior
              • Mar 2011

Jake
              As I recall the warning was about using the rifle length Enidine buffers with the Grendel. If AA sells it you can be sure it will work with the Grendel.

Comment

Working...
              X