Feral Swine in South Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feral Swine in South Texas

If I were to move to a city near San Antonio, are there places to hunt Feral Swine were landowners won't charge an outrageous fee to do so? If not, where in Texas would a person looking to relocate, and wanting to hunt Feral Swine choose as a new home?
  • BjornF16
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Bwild97 View Post
    If I were to move to a city near San Antonio, are there places to hunt Feral Swine were landowners won't charge an outrageous fee to do so? If not, where in Texas would a person looking to relocate, and wanting to hunt Feral Swine choose as a new home?
    BW

Just about everywhere in Texas has feral swine, particularly in prime farming areas in the eastern 2/3 of the state. Some property owners charge to hunt, some request those who have deer leases to hunt swine, and there are some who'll not charge or even pay to hunt. It just depends.

The preacher of the church school we had my son in offered to take us hunting swine on his family farm, but I was too busy at the time (regretfully).

I was deer hunting just outside Seguin (not far from S.A.) on a fee for harvest basis…they had a huge problem with hogs and offered all the hog and raccoon hunting you could stand whenever we were there.

If you're motivated, I don't think you'll have a problem finding fertile hunting grounds.
    Last edited by BjornF16; 06-17-2013, 02:15 AM.
    LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
    Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

Bwild97
      I live just west of SA about an hour and work in SA. As Bjorn indicated, there are pigs all over Texas. The Hill Country west of Austin/SA has it's full share of pigs, the coastal farmers would probably love to have someone thin the herds, if you don't, they'll overrun your place, erode ground and generally tear things up. If you killed every pig you ever saw, you'd have killed half enough. They're pretty wary/smart and will move with hunting pressure. That said, they're a sucker for corn and don't ever appear to have missed many meals. Not bad eating, if done cleanly/quickly/properly shot. PM if you need more info on SA area-be glad to assist in any manner possible. If you're current/ex military, SA is mil friendly. Good, active shooting community for rifle/pistol/shotgun, as well.

Comment

Working...
      X