First year Grendel hunting tally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First year Grendel hunting tally

I'm finished for the year, we have 2 more weeks of doe season, but I will not be able to go again. I hunted exclusively with the Grendel this year. The 18" with suppressor was a little long for hunting in a blind. I shortened the Magpul ACS to help with manuverability in a blind. The 25 round mag and suppressor were nice for multiple shots on hogs. i added a Burriss Fastfire III for close in shots, it came in handy for 1 deer and some hogs. It sits on top of the scope and isnt in the way at all. Very nice for the close quick shots.

I used PA_Allen's load, 100 grain TTSX, 30 grains of 8028 XBR. They performed very well. The buck dropped in its tracks, the doe made it 20 yards. I never recovered one of the Barnes bullets.

I shot two 40 pound hogs with 1 shot. I waited until they lined up and shot, it went through and through on both. I had some hogs run on me, but that was mainly due to poor shot placement in the dark.

Not a great year for deer, but the freezer is full now. I'm very pleased with the Grendel.

Tally
    2 deer
    6 hogs
    1 wild turkey
  • PA_Allen
    Warrior
    • Mar 2011

Great report Flyby. Sounds like you have a freezer full. I'm glad the 100 TTSX load worked well for you!
    Best,
    PA_Allen

Comment

• Blacklab
      Warrior
      • Mar 2012

heheheehehe I like it
      Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.

Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle...........

Comment

• Y85
        Warrior
        • Sep 2012

?turkey?

Comment

Originally posted by Y85 View Post
          ?turkey?
          TYPO - 100 GR Barnes TTSX, can't fix the title. I had deer more in mind. It's my first turkey with a rifle. In TX rifles are legal for turkey, along with hunting with suppressors and a mag of any size. I could have shot another one, but wasn't sure how many I could take in this county. This is our 2nd year on this lease, we've

Yes, a turkey. Worked out well. Pictures in the link above.

Comment

• Y85
            Warrior
            • Sep 2012

That is cool - thanks for sharing the link

Comment

Working...
            X