X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stanc
    Banned
    • Apr 2011

Janes | The latest defence and security news from Janes - the trusted source for defence intelligence

Comment

• Fess
      Warrior
      • Jun 2019

I recall that when the Grendel was first introduced, there was concern about the relatively small amount of cartridge taper and the steep shoulder angle. It will be interesting to see what is meant by "optimised to be fired from automatic and semi-automatic weapons".

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Stan do you think the case taper on the 6.5 Grendel needs optimized to use disintegrating belt for machine guns. I can’t remember if anyone ever designed a disintegrating belt for the 6.5 Grendel. What ever Serbia adopts I don’t think it will have much effect on the 6.5 Grendel other than maybe slow PPU selling 6.5 Grendel ammo in the USA.

Comment

• stanc
          Banned
          • Apr 2011

I doubt that 6.5 Grendel case taper would be an issue. It isn't significantly different from 7.62 NATO case taper, which works just fine in disintegrating links.

Years ago some Horde members posted artist's concepts of metallic links designed to fit 6.5 Grendel case dimensions, but none have ever been prototyped.

Comment

• just_john
            Chieftain
            • Sep 2012

Since they came up with an "almost?" Grendel case but with the wrong primer pocket, perhaps they are just creating a market for what they already had.

Comment

• GSPHunter
              Warrior
              • Jun 2014

Originally posted by just_john View Post
              Since they came up with an "almost?" Grendel case but with the wrong primer pocket, perhaps they are just creating a market for what they already had.
              Could be, but I'm thinking they wanted a different neck/throat to optimize their choice of bullet....Primer pockets don't "usually" force a name change...think of all the 308 small primer pocket brass out there.

Comment

• hill37
                Warrior
                • Apr 2017

My guess is the shoulder pushed out just enough not to chamber in a Grendel and the pressure jacked up to what the action can take.

Comment

• stanc
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by hill37 View Post
                  My guess is the shoulder pushed out just enough not to chamber in a Grendel and the pressure jacked up to what the action can take.
                  So you're thinking something similar to the 6.5 Grendel Max?

_____________________ 7.62x39 ___________ 6.5x39 __________ 6.5 Grendel ________ 6.5 Grendel Max

Comment

• hill37
                    Warrior
                    • Apr 2017

That's where I'd start. Then do what it took to get it to feed.

Comment

• stanc
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2011

In the second quarter of 2020, the Serbian army adopted the new modular M19 automatic rifle. Feature weapons is not just replacement of barrels of different lengths, but also bicaliber performance. The weapon can be transformed for the use of two ammunition. The old widely known Soviet intermediate cartridge 7,62x39 (model 1943), which is still one of the most common on the planet, and the new 6,5x39 mm Serbian cartridge, built on the basis of 6,5 mm Grendel ammunition.
                      Serbian soldiers with the new M19 assault rifle In the second quarter of 2020, the Serbian army adopted the new modular M19 assault rifle. A feature of the weapon is not just the replacement of barrels of different lengths, but also the bicaliber performance. Weapons can be transformed for use

Comment

• hill37
                        Warrior
                        • Apr 2017

It seems Trolls and Drifting off topic is a universal forum problem.

Comment

• stanc
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2011

Comment

• LR1955
                            Super Moderator
                            • Mar 2011

h37:

Ditto with Stan.

What are you talking about?

Of all the Threads, this one has stayed on topic way better than most.

LR55

Comment

• hill37
                              Warrior
                              • Apr 2017

I'm sorry. I wasn't talking about Stan. I should have said I was talking about The comments section of the article. I apologize to Stan for my mistake.

Comment

• stanc
                                Banned
                                • Apr 2011

No apology necessary. I was puzzled, not offended. Thanks for clarifying.

Comment

Working...
                                X