X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fess
    Warrior
    • Jun 2019

It will be interesting to see if Serbia uses the SAAMI/CIP 6.5 Grendel. There is no real reason they could not change it, but the Grendel has been around long enough that it is now a known quantity, and Prvi Partizan already makes it. I could see the possibility of some changes if they change the case material from brass, if that makes manufacturing easier. I am not familiar with the M19 rifle that they will be using, so I have no idea of how well the lower section of the case is supported. I could seen them thickening the case wall near the base if bulging becomes an issue.

Comment

• LR1955
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by hill37 View Post
      I'm sorry. I wasn't talking about Stan. I should have said I was talking about The comments section of the article. I apologize to Stan for my mistake.
      H37:

Thanks! Had no clue what you were referring to.

LR55

Comment

• hill37
        Warrior
        • Apr 2017

My old brain derails sometimes.

Comment

• stanc
          Banned
          • Apr 2011

0:38-3:48

Comment

• Sticks
            Chieftain
            • Dec 2016

Interesting crossbreeding. M4 and AK47 offspring.

Surprised they went to a M4 type charging handle.
            Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• VASCAR2
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Last edited by VASCAR2; 11-29-2020, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• stanc
                Banned
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
                The velocity they quote appear to be very similar to the velocity posted by Prvi Partizan 6.5 Grendel commercial ammo.
                That's because the quoted velocities are from the tables on the Prvi website.* https://www.prvipartizan.com/rifle_ammo.php

*Note that the listed velocities are for 24" barrel length.

Ditto. I'm also curious if the military Ball ammo is the same as the commercial lead-core 110gr FMJ, or if it might be the hardened steel-core 93gr FMJ from 2017.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6.5mm_Grendel http://www.vs.rs/index.php?news_article=68a2bb24-50d2-11e6-b66b-001a649ddcfe Google-translate it... I seem to remember mentioning this to be a possible outcome many years ago on the old forum, when we learned that PRVI Partizan was going to make Grendel ammo... http://mondo

Last edited by stanc; 11-29-2020, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                  Administrator
                  • Feb 2011

Great find, Stan, thanks!

If they ever make a belt-feed for this with links, the Earth will start spinning backwards!
                  :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• stanc
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                    Great find, Stan, thanks!

If they ever make a belt-feed for this with links, the Earth will start spinning backwards!
                    I am rather surprised that the Serbs haven't already made a belt-fed LMG in 6.5 Grendel.

The cartridge looks like a perfect fit in the non-disintegrating links made for the 7.62x39:

Okay. What can we do in that regard? It looks to me like the only practical option to prove the concept is to Grendelize an RPD light machine gun, then put it up against a vz59 or PKM. That would be rather expensive, though, so I'd suggest a more modest first step: Buy an RPD belt and see how well (or poorly) 6.5 Grendel

Comment

• Sinclair
                      Warrior
                      • Feb 2018

Originally posted by hill37 View Post
                      My old brain derails sometimes.
                      hill37,
                      do not feel too bad, you have plenty of company in that resect, present company included.
                      "A Patriot must always be ready to defend his Country against his government"
                      Edward Abbey

"Stay out of trouble, Never give up, Never give in, Watch you're six, Hold the line, Stay Frosty."
                      Dr. Sabastian Gorka, Hungarian by birth, American Patriot by Beliefs.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                        Administrator
                        • Feb 2011

I wonder what LMG the Serbs use? The video you link had a PKM in 7.62 NATO, but didn't see anything smaller.
                        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

Comment

• stanc
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                          I wonder what LMG the Serbs use? The video you link had a PKM in 7.62 NATO, but didn't see anything smaller.
                          The Serbian army uses a domestically produced copy of the magazine-fed RPK instead of a belt-fed LMG.

Comment

• HoustonHipster6.5
                            Bloodstained
                            • Feb 2021

Yeah, an extended box mag "RPK" style weapon would make more sense. Fewer rounds more accurately placed, a la the Marines HK 416 mentality.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                              Administrator
                              • Feb 2011

At SHOT Show 2022, the rep in the Zastava booth said they cannot import any 6.5 Grendel AKs or the new Serbian-designed service rifle because 6.5 Grendel IS in use by the Serbian Army, and thus falls under export bans.

Interestingly, they CAN import both 5.56 and 7.62 NATO weapons cuz the Serb military does NOT officially use them.

Comment

Working...
                              X