X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sticks
    Chieftain
    • Dec 2016

I'd have sworn that Stanc posted that Serbia went and ordered up several thousand SCARs, seeming to have dropped the Grendel chase.
    Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• NugginFutz
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Sticks View Post
      I'd have sworn that Stanc posted that Serbia went and ordered up several thousand SCARs, seeming to have dropped the Grendel chase.
      Not quite - he posted a link to a tangent story which mentions a Serbian Brigade receiving an issue of SCAR rifles in 5.56. Stna merely speculated, but without any dots to connect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6.5mm_Grendel http://www.vs.rs/index.php?news_article=68a2bb24-50d2-11e6-b66b-001a649ddcfe Google-translate it... I seem to remember mentioning this to be a possible outcome many years ago on the old forum, when we learned that PRVI Partizan was going to make Grendel ammo... http://mondo
      If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Sticks View Post
        Don't know sticks. I'm sure the answer is posted a few pages back but didn't feel like reading back throw all of it lol being lazy lol.

Just thought maybe there was some new info on this floating around.

As for as zastava America goes me personally I would rather see them do up a bolt action then a ak grendel, just personal preference really, I'm not much on the ak platform, had a few over the years never like them really.

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

A new picture of the Zastava M-17 was just posted on the AK Forum. Looks like Serbian forces are still interested in the 6.5 Grendel variant. There are three members in this photo with the M-17 which uses a unique looking 6.5 Grendel magazine.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
            A new picture of the Zastava M-17 was just posted on the AK Forum. Looks like Serbian forces are still interested in the 6.5 Grendel variant. There are three members in this photo with the M-17 which uses a unique looking 6.5 Grendel magazine.

Looks like the guy at the far right has night vision optic on his weapon as well. It's interesting for sure.

Comment

• VASCAR2
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Another recent photo of M-17 with 6.5 Grendel and quick change 7.62x39 barrel and magazines.

Comment

• PXranger
                Unwashed
                • Dec 2018

Serbian DMR

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
                Not quite - he posted a link to a tangent story which mentions a Serbian Brigade receiving an issue of SCAR rifles in 5.56. Stna merely speculated, but without any dots to connect.

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...l=1#post203314

Comment

• stanc
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2011

Found an article dated 16 April 2019. No info that the Horde seeks, but a couple of new M17 photos:

Comment

• montana
                    Chieftain
                    • Jun 2011

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...assault-rifle/

Comment

• VASCAR2
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

Wikipedia list the case length for the 6.5 Grendel Case as 38.7 mm so instead of calling it 6.5x39 I think PPU is just using a more descriptive name without calling it 6.5 Grendel. Whether PPU has upped the pressure for the Serb military is yet to be disclosed. All the previous information indicated the performance was very similar to the 6.5 Grendel.

Comment

• montana
                        Chieftain
                        • Jun 2011

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
                        Wikipedia list the case length for the 6.5 Grendel Case as 38.7 mm so instead of calling it 6.5x39 I think PPU is just using a more descriptive name without calling it 6.5 Grendel. Whether PPU has upped the pressure for the Serb military is yet to be disclosed. All the previous information indicated the performance was very similar to the 6.5 Grendel.

Comment

• Fess
                          Warrior
                          • Jun 2019

It would not surprise me if they redesigned the case to allow higher pressures. They might have monkeyed with the taper and overall length as well.
                          Bill Alexander had said that the Grendel was designed around the existing AR15's bolt size and magazine well. If I recall correctly, he said that the max design pressure for the case was 58,000 psi. If the case were designed for a significantly higher pressure, the walls and base would need to be thicker, reducing case capacity and increasing material cost.

I don't know what the guts of the M17 look like, but it would not surprise me if it could handle longer cartridges and/or higher pressures.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2015

I bet all they did was cut the neck down just a hair. So they could call it something diffrent when they jacked the pressure up to increase nothing basicly.

Comment

• stanc
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2011

6.5 Grendel - SAAMI dimensions

Case Length: 1.52 in / 38.6 mm

Comment

• Fess
                                Warrior
                                • Jun 2019

OOPS. I just realize that I misread the article. I am now pretty sure that they were comparing the new 6.5 round to their old one, the 7.62x39, not to the Grendel. Duh on my part. No wonder they said: "The new round reportedly has better ballistic characteristics, with a flatter trajectory and more kinetic energy on target out to 800m, according to the Serbian Ministry of Defense." Even a downloaded Grendel does that.
                                Last edited by Fess; 08-02-2019, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X