• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stanc
    Banned
    • Apr 2011

US Army selects 7.62 NATO for future infantry rifle

It looks like 6.5 Grendel is not going to replace 5.56 NATO.

I just learned the Army has chosen to equip "Future War Fighters" with an upgraded 7.62mm M14 rifle.

M14 bullpup in testing:

Future Soldiers with M14 bullpup and all-around hard body armor.

Okay, I'm kidding. The M14 bullpup was chosen only to use in an Army (recruiting?) commercial. But the site www.shortrifles.com/ is worth visiting if only to hear the "I am a Soldier" song.

(Note the song takes a little while to load and play after entering the site.)

Looks like they belong in the movie STARSHIP TROOPERS recruiting commmercial. Would you like to know more?

Comment

• jwilson1985

sh*t i thought it was halo 3d lol

Comment

Main thing I remember about Starship troopers was Dina Meyer!!!!! ;-) Oh yeah, they did have on some kind of armor in a big part of the movie, didn't they? UHH, something about Bugs.

Comment

• RangerRick

Originally posted by mlmiller1 View Post
          Main thing I remember about Starship troopers was Dina Meyer!!!!! ;-) Oh yeah, they did have on some kind of armor in a big part of the movie, didn't they? UHH, something about Bugs.
          Yeah, particularly the coed shower scene. If I had been in there with her you would have been able to mount a 50 cal on the old johnson! LOL.

RR

Comment

• jwilson1985

Originally posted by RangerRick View Post
            Yeah, particularly the coed shower scene. If I had been in there with her you would have been able to mount a 50 cal on the old johnson! LOL.

RR
            copy that!!!!

Comment

• stanc
              Banned
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by RangerRick View Post
              One shower scene, as requested ("in bed" scene included):

"In bed" scene (alternate ending):

Comment

This guy doesn't look like to be in proper shape for an military action. He's going for the Larry Vickers look!

Comment

Ok, now I need a cold shower. She is pretty doggone HOT!

Now, Back to shooting!!!!!!! FOCUS, FOCUS!

Comment

• stanc
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2011

Regarding military bullpups, here's an interesting video of one being fired from both shoulders.

Note the shooter does not change firing hand from right to left!

Comment

• bwaites
                      • Mar 2011

That looks like a recipe to lose a finger!

Comment

• Kikn
                        Warrior
                        • Nov 2011

how could you lose a finger?

Comment

• bwaites
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Kikn View Post
                          how could you lose a finger?
                          Watch how close his left index finger is to the end of the barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by stanc View Post
                            It looks like 6.5 Grendel is not going to replace 5.56 NATO.

I just learned the Army has chosen to equip "Future War Fighters" with an upgraded 7.62mm M14 rifle.

Okay, I'm kidding. The M14 bullpup was chosen only to use in an Army (recruiting?) commercial.
                            But the site www.shortrifles.com/ is worth visiting if only to hear the "I am a Soldier" song.
                            Hello, that song is great and the bullpup conversions currently available for the M14 are very interesting.

I've spent the past 5 months getting to know my M14 bullpup conversion ... it's a work in progress.

Comment

As a bullpup owner, I can tell you that the concussive effects on your ears is MUCH stronger vs a standard AR platform if you have no hearing protection (To be clear, I did NOT volunteer to test my rifles that way). I definitely do NOT see bullpup configurations in the "Future Warfighter" configuration. In fact, I'd daresay that the future caliber, IF there really is one, will be one that has the same total cartridge weight as the current 5.56, and preferably able to have 30 rounds in a magazine not much larger than what we have now. Otherwise, I think it's a complete non-starter.

Comment

Working...
                              X