Clear All
  • n9nwo
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2016

Army research a mini assault rifle

• A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Shut up and take my money now for a 12 inch pistol grendel.

And a steady supply of barrels because I'm going too be burning out some throats quick.

Comment

• grayfox
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2017

what is intriguing about this, the new technologies... if they become the new assault rifle then the old out-dated AR will no longer be one!!!!
      "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
        Warrior
        • Apr 2013

As I reviewed this Thread, terms such as "bullpup design" and "squeeze bore" caught my interest. Back in 1974, I put together a concept drawing, Rifle of the Future (See attached pics), which incorporated a number of design ideas I had, at the time: Bullpup layout, electronically-actuated trigger, tapered-bore, free-floating barrel, recoil-absorbing butt assembly ---

I look forward to the future development of these concepts.

Comment

• Dude1each
          Unwashed
          • Jun 2020

Very interesting concept. This article caused me to poke around a bit on Wikipedia and I came up with an article on the 4.5x26mm MKR from Sweden circa 1978.
          Guess who shows up in this? A Mr. Kjellgren, I believe the same Kellgren who later moved to the United States and started Kel-Tec.
          Say what you will about Kel-Tex, the company has pushed new concepts and platforms into the market like none other, especially their latest 22 long rifle and 22 wmr offerings, which may or may not have some bearing on SOCOM going this direction.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
            Chieftain
            • Sep 2013

Nothing is free. Muzzle flash and recoil are going to be much more pronounced and the squeeze will get shot out long before the bore goes south. Yes, they could be suppressed, but with a barrel that short and that much powder, I suspect they will need a suppressor that much larger.
            Kill a hog. Save the planet.
            My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• Fess
              Warrior
              • Jun 2019

Originally posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
              Nothing is free. Muzzle flash and recoil are going to be much more pronounced and the squeeze will get shot out long before the bore goes south. Yes, they could be suppressed, but with a barrel that short and that much powder, I suspect they will need a suppressor that much larger.
              Naw, it just means that there won't be any need to carry flash-bangs!

Comment

Working...
              X