X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bruceleroy
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2015

RL15 used to be the powder. I've shot some current production stuff and it is not the same. Closer to 4064 in texture/consistency etc. I wish it was still RL15. I loved that ammo. Super consistent and very predictable in almost all weather, for me.

Comment

• Cotay
      Bloodstained
      • Mar 2017

Originally posted by bruceleroy View Post
      RL15 used to be the powder. I've shot some current production stuff and it is not the same. Closer to 4064 in texture/consistency etc. I wish it was still RL15. I loved that ammo. Super consistent and very predictable in almost all weather, for me.
      When did you notice this change? I only load 150gr pills for .308 (for gas and bolt guns) and I exclusively use RL15. The last time I stocked up was two years ago.

Comment

• riuma
        Warrior
        • Jun 2018

Originally posted by Old Bob View Post
        GRAF has both 1 pound & 8 pound cans of SW Match. Midsouth just has 1 pound cans. Alas, not on sale or free hazmat at either site.

Anyone use SW Tactical? The SW manual has 6.5 Grendel loads with this powder.
        I do, or have. Excellent accuracy but never ran it for speeds in my CZ. Match Rifle is just my absolute go-to fuel so far.~Riuma

Comment

• diggler1833
          Bloodstained
          • Aug 2020

Re-15 was used at one point, but if I remember correctly, a change was made at least a decade ago with the Mk 316 Special Ball round to 41.75gr IMR-4064. I'm sure I can still look it up, but I'm about to have to go feed the cows.

Re-15, IMR-4064, and Varget are all so close that if your rifle will shoot one of them, you can usually develop a good load with another.

Comment

• bruceleroy
            Bloodstained
            • Dec 2015

I've now got data for 8208XBR, Varget, 4064, and RE15 that are all a 99% match in charge weights and ballistic outcom.
            I am stoked since it seems these rotate in availability.

Comment

• diggler1833
              Bloodstained
              • Aug 2020

^ Bingo.

Comment

Working...
              X