Johnson - Not a Grendel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnson - Not a Grendel

This popped up on the local firearms for sale website today....

Thought you yanks might be interested in what is a relatively rare critter.

Wow! That is indeed a piece of history.

Comment

• bwaites
      • Mar 2011

A good friend has one, awesome rifles. Sort of ungainly looking on first view, but they shoot so well that it rapidly becomes normal appearing. I've heard them called "guppy guns"!

Comment

• Longshot_34

The real question is, are you going to buy it?

Comment

Originally posted by Longshot_34 View Post
          The real question is, are you going to buy it?
          No. I don't have the appropriate class of licence. If I was going to drop $3500 on a Cat D rifle (Military semi-auto), I'd be more interested in a locally produced AR15 in Grendel, or an old L1A1 SLR.

Of course, I'd need a job as an aerial culler to justify owning a Cat D, and that isn't going to happen either.

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
            Warrior
            • Oct 2012

You could just go down to the Holden dealer and snap the aerials off the cars and say you are an aerial culler...would they let you have it then?

Comment

Hi adamjp,
              I was just reading your regulations for shooting Kangaroo's today, and all I can say is wow, you guys have some tough regulators. They even tell you exactly where you have to shoot them and when, how you have to sight your gun in and require that it be shot before each days hunt on an inanimate target, then go on to say what you have to do if you shoot a female with little ones and that you must kill them and how, precisely. You are not really free, firearms or hunting wise. Why do you put up with that? Or, is it okay with you guys?
              Bob

Comment

Originally posted by stokesrj View Post
                Hi adamjp,
                I was just reading your regulations for shooting Kangaroo's today, and all I can say is wow, you guys have some tough regulators. They even tell you exactly where you have to shoot them and when, how you have to sight your gun in and require that it be shot before each days hunt on an inanimate target, then go on to say what you have to do if you shoot a female with little ones and that you must kill them and how, precisely. You are not really free, firearms or hunting wise. Why do you put up with that? Or, is it okay with you guys?
                Bob
                The 'Code' was arrived at by a bunch of animal huggers and government scientists. A couple of shooters were involved, but literally a couple.

As the Kangaroos are normally harvested for the meat industry, anything other than a head shot makes the carcass unacceptable at the processing plant. So whilst the 'Code' ends up condemning a small number of animals to a very painful death (jaw shot away, nose shot off, etc.) the vast majority are very much 'lights out'.

A recent cull in my area accounted for 5000 animals in the space of 2 weeks!

The key thing to inform your fellow Americans of is that not all species are tagged for culling, only those that have a substantial, diverse population. Kangaroos are to Australia, what Deer are to North America, except we have hundreds of distinct species.

Comment

Working...
                X