• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NugginFutz
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by SHORT-N-SASSY View Post
    Prompted in large part by your tentative travel plans, I moments ago called WOLF Performance Ammo. To update: They expect to be in receipt of 6.5 Grendel Steel Case ammo, next month/2nd quarter, 2014; Distributors (MidwayUSA.com, etc.) will have it in stock, 3rd quarter, 2014. Re the question, Berdan or Boxer primers? Boxer primed!
    Yes - another installment in our continuing saga of "How The Unicorn Turns." Next week, Charlotte the spider visits the Magic Unicorn Meadow, and spins a web that spells "FAT CHANCE".
    If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• bwaites
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
      Yes - another installment in our continuing saga of "How The Unicorn Turns." Next week, Charlotte the spider visits the Magic Unicorn Meadow, and spins a web that spells "FAT CHANCE".
      LOL! Made my day! We can't get powder now, a powder factory that supplies a big percentage of the european ball powders went kaboom, and we're hoping the RUSSIANS will send us ammo!

Anyone been paying any attention to what the RUSSIANS are doing lately?

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
        Administrator
        • Feb 2011

Unless the Russians refuse to also export 7.62x39, 5.56, and 9mm steel-case to Wolf, they won't necessarily cut off any 6.5 Grendel plans. Having said THAT, whenever I hear estimates of 65G steel-case delivery dates I hear Charlie Brown's teacher going "mum wah wah wah . . . ." But I'm keeping the faith!

John
        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• bwaites
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by HANKA View Post
          Unless the Russians refuse to also export 7.62x39, 5.56, and 9mm steel-case to Wolf, they won't necessarily cut off any 6.5 Grendel plans. Having said THAT, whenever I hear estimates of 65G steel-case delivery dates I hear Charlie Brown's teacher going "mum wah wah wah . . . ." But I'm keeping the faith!

John
          I'm less worried about the Russians cutting us off, (they are laughing all the way to the bank that they are selling us cheap to manufacture ammo at US ammo prices!), than I am with our less than beloved Washingtoncrats adding an embargo on ammunition to the stuff they are already planning to embargo.

Comment

• Michael
            Warrior
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
            I'm less worried about the Russians cutting us off, (they are laughing all the way to the bank that they are selling us cheap to manufacture ammo at US ammo prices!), than I am with our less than beloved Washingtoncrats adding an embargo on ammunition to the stuff they are already planning to embargo.
            Yup. Not a doubt in my mind. If it isn't on the list now, the NSA monitors have picked up this thread and it's being scribbled in the margins of the legal docs as I write this.
            I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.
            - Voltaire

Comment

• Variable
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by stanc View Post
              Ooooh. Aroma therapy and a brass shower. Sounds great!

I may take you up on that offer after the steel-cased Grendel ammo gets here. Providing both of us live that long, of course.
              Pretty safe bet!LOL

I'd lay better odds that they'd chamber and issue it to themselves so they could send us the projectiles via high speed delivery first!
              Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
              We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• stanc
                Banned
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by SHORT-N-SASSY View Post
                http://i62.tinypic.com/sni2dl.jpg My concept of The Rifle of the Future, as envisioned in 1974.
                That picture sure seems familiar. Was it published in one of the gun rags back then?

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
                  Warrior
                  • Apr 2013

Stan,

Given my favorite haunts, http://i44.tinypic.com/20j4bhy.jpg I long ago recognized the advantages of the Bullpup configuration. My concept of The Rifle of the Future (a Bullpup design), as envisioned in 1974, was aired in the July, 2012 Bullpup Forum Thread, "Needed: Steyr AUG/MSAR STG E-4/Tavor TAR-21, in 6.5 Grendel." If you Google "6.5 Grendel Bullpup" and click-on Images for same, you'll find an image of my concept rifle, among other Bullpups.

Comment

• Tony Williams

Here's another alternative round: the 6.5 x 40 from Mitch Shoffner

Comment

• stanc
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Tony Williams View Post
                      Here's another alternative round: the 6.5 x 40 from Mitch Shoffner
                      An interesting cartridge, but it has similar size and weight drawbacks as 6.5 Grendel.

FYI, your article was previously linked to in the following thread: http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...New-AR-varient
                      Last edited by stanc; 04-08-2014, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X