Stoner 63- most controlable Full auto rifle ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • montana
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

Larry Vickers agrees with my first impression of the Stoner weapon system. http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...the-stoner-63/

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
      Administrator
      • Feb 2011

M, cool video. That's why I'm so hot and bothered for constant recoil in an assault rifle. I just need a CNC machine and a million dollars. . . .
      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

Constant recoil principle, something pioneered by high European engineering in no later than the 1930's, for which many attribute to the Germans.

There were several constant recoil SMG designs floating around in the interim period between the Great War and WWII, one of which culminated in the Suomi Kp31 9mm SMG, used by the Finns with brutal effectiveness against the Russians in the Winter War and Continuation War.
        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
          Administrator
          • Feb 2011

Cool info, Paul, didn't know the Suomi used CR.
          :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• LRRPF52
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2014

The Suomi doesn't move when you shoot it. You can write your name with it. With a 72rd drum, it became a close support weapon for the Finns.

It uses vacuum effect on the bolt, a strong recoil spring, and weight to achieve balanced recoil.

The m/45 "Swedish K" Karl Gustav 9mm SMG is the same way, only much lighter than the Kp31 at just a little over 7lbs, whereas the Kp31 weighs over 10lbs.

The Swedes made a copy of the Kp31, but with a reduced weight receiver tube, shorter barrel, higher comb angle on the stock, and a more simple rear sight. My late friend had one. Look center row, 3rd SMG down:

Left Column, from top to bottom:

Mp38 Schmeisser
            Mp40
            Mp41

Middle:

Thompson .45 ACP SMG
            Suomi Kp31 9mm
            Swedish Kpist m/39
            Suomi Kp m/44 SMG 9mm

Right Column:
            Soviet PPSh-41 SMG 7.62x25
            PPS-43
            Chicom PPS-43
            PPS-43

SVT-38 below it. He also had an SVT-40, among other things. You can see quite a few other MG's in the room, but there were way more.
            Last edited by LRRPF52; 07-14-2015, 06:54 PM.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• montana
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2011

A beautiful collection of military firearms. I have always been fascinated with old and new weapons of conflict. Other than the weight I have heard only the highest and positive reviews of the Suomi SMG. I have never had the opportunity to hold let alone fire one of these magnificent SMG's but rely on those who have. I would also love to try the PPS-43 SMG. Once again a beautiful collection of military history. Thank's for sharing.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                Super Moderator
                • Sep 2014

The Suomi is fun to shoot for sure. I would love to have a Stoner 63 much more though.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
                X