NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• cory
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2012

Where the hell was this at 10 years ago? Now if they could just do this for the 81mm.

Did I miss it. What was the company developing this or was iMORTAR the company name?
      "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• stanc
        Banned
        • Apr 2011

iMortar is the weapon name. The manufacturer is DSG Technology/Mortars Inc.
        Last edited by stanc; 07-10-2015, 06:51 AM.

Comment

• Kikn
          Warrior
          • Nov 2011

Pretty cool....I wonder how long before someone tries to shoulder fire one of those :-D

Comment

• txgunner00
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by cory View Post
            Where the hell was this at 10 years ago? Now if they could just do this for the 81mm.

No joke!
            NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• rabiddawg
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2013

Im on vacation on Greers Ferry Lake, Arkansas.

Can this be used on idiotic boat operators?
              Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• LRRPF52
                Super Moderator
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by rabiddawg View Post
                Im on vacation on Greers Ferry Lake, Arkansas.

Can this be used on idiotic boat operators?
                You'll want the Precision Guided Munition heads for the bombs for that application, with a helmet mounted sight and laser range finder coupled with a digital compass in your Land Warrior suite.

That way you can minimize collateral damage. Good call!
                NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Drift
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2014

Lets see. The tube is about 6 lbs lighter than the one we use now. Mortar bombs weigh about 4 lbs apiece. So you can carry 1 more round and still save 2 lbs. But someone will want to put a real sight on it; so add 2 pounds back for that. Then there is the lack of tripod arms. They weigh in at what? 15 lbs? Maybe iMortar can build some of those out of carbon fiber or titanium @ 8 lbs.
                  The real weight savings here is in the base plate. I'll bet that an iMortar tech base plate can be substituted and added on to the tubes we use now @ a small fraction of the cost and a large fraction of the gain.

Comment

• Variable
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Super sweet!

If those were to become available for sale (it'd be legal, they probably won't do civy sales though) for a reasonable price---- then I'd likely pony up for a DD stamp and buy one.
                    Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                    We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• Trooper
                      Unwashed
                      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by cory View Post

Did I miss it. What was the company developing this or was iMORTAR the company name?
                      I believe that the 81mm mortar was discontinued out of the system. the 60mm is more flexible. And the 120mm more useful.

Comment

• Klem
                        Chieftain
                        • Aug 2013

I like how he uses a tire as support for the baseplate...He won't be doing that again in a hurry! Most entertaining.

"Ooh, my back hurts, I can't bend down." "Don't worry, just rest the baseplate in this big bowl of jelly." "What about on the back of this goat?" "Sure, hold it still..."

Comment

• cory
                          Chieftain
                          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
                          I believe that the 81mm mortar was discontinued out of the system. the 60mm is more flexible. And the 120mm more useful.
                          I disagree that the 120mm is more useful. True it offers a larger kill radius. However, it requires more man power, more support as it's less mobile and takes longer to set up and dispose of the target. The 120mm is an artillery piece where the 81mm is an Infantry crew served weapon.

I venture to say the only legitimate reason that the 120mm came back is that it's cheaper than the howitzer.
                          "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                          X