• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Capt. Morgan
    Bloodstained
    • Oct 2015

The Political Winds and NFA

One of the nicest things I think I could do for my shooting enjoyment (not to mention my hearing) would be to get a suppressor for my Grendel. While I wish they were cheaper, money is not the obstacle that has kept me on the sidelines.

Let's get to the heart of the matter: if the next election goes the wrong way, Hillary & Company will make a serious move against our 2nd Amendment rights. And people who have NFA items will probably be easily identified for special attention.

So my question to the Grendel NFA Horde: what are your thoughts on "standing out" by going through the NFA process? Is it a real concern?
  • GM2
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2015

To me it isn't a concern. They know what I have? Big deal. It would be impractical for them to change the law to the point of trying to ban and collect already purchased NFA items. Outside of that, them knowing what I have isn't going to change me having and using it. As long as your not doing anything illegal "special attention" is a non-issue in my mind.

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

They don't even have correct records on the NFA registry. Several machinegun owners have had ATF agents ask them if they can make copies of their Federal Forms, because they didn't have any in their records, but they could see that they were legit, had the correct examiner's names, stamps, dates, etc.

It's a cluster of epic, bureaucratic proportions.

I have moral and ethical problems with supporting an unconstitutional criminal organization who is specifically tasked with violating the rights of Americans, and charging them for the service to the tune of $200 per transaction.

Hopefully we can get the Hearing Protection Act through, with refunds for every poor soul who was fleeced. They need to tack dealer transfer fees compensation onto the legislation as well. The wording I've seen already includes refunding the illegal $200 per transaction that has been collected from who knows how many people in the US to exercise a right.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• SG4247
        Warrior
        • Aug 2013

Have to consider how much hardware is in the registry. It's quite enormous just for rifles, add in everything else (cans, Dias, OAW, etc) and we are talking a lot of hardware. Hundreds of thousands of pieces.

And We know the records are not that good as mentioned above..

The logistics involved would be extremely difficult, and expensive.

Giving up a $700 can would be much easier than a $25k M16A2!

Buy the can and enjoy shooting (and constant cleaning) your Grendel!
        Last edited by SG4247; 12-12-2015, 09:17 AM.
        NRA F-Class Mid Range High Master

Comment

• Flyguy11
          Warrior
          • Nov 2015

To: Capt. Morgan

Start a Gun/ NFA Trust to protect you and family from litigation. A Gun/ NFA trust also makes the process easier on you. All of the ATF folks I have dealt with have been helpful but, I have also had all of my paperwork in order. I also have a C&R FFL. At public ranges they may ask to see your tax stamp but that's about it. I don't think the black helicopters will surround you if you LEGALLY put a muffler on your rifle (bad pilot humor).

Resources Google:
          Texas Gun Lawyers
          199 Trust
          Silencer Shop

To All: HR Bill 3799 (Hearing Protection Act) would only refund the Silencer (official ATF lingo) Tax stamp purchased after October 22nd, 2015. Please write your representatives! If the horde would like I can post a generic letter so it would be a simple copy and paste to your state representative.

Long live the quiet!

Comment

• am4966
            Chieftain
            • Jul 2014

Capital Armory has a trust and from my limited knowledge of it. It sounds like it was thought out and put together to benefit the trust holder.

So give them a search and they also have a great inventory and pricing.
            12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
            Surge - Rugged Suppressor
            Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• Drift
              Warrior
              • Nov 2014

FlyGuy, pleas post the lettter.

Comment

• Flyguy11
                Warrior
                • Nov 2015

This is a simple copy and paste from the American Suppressors Association (ASA) to contact your state representatives or got to http://americansuppressorasso...rotection-act/

Dear Honorable (Put in Representative Name),

The Hearing Protection Act (H.R. 3799), legislation which addresses the removal of suppressors (also known as silencers) from the National Firearms Act, is of paramount interest to me because I am a law-abiding citizen who values both the safety of my hearing and the hearing of those around me. This issue directly impacts my ability and the ability of countless other law abiding citizens to practice reasonable and responsible safety measures while enjoying our sport - whether that is hunting, target shooting, or any related activity allowed by the laws of this country.

Suppressors have been misrepresented in entertainment and the media for quite some time, which has given many misinformed people a negative perception of them. Ownership of silencers has skyrocketed in the recent past, without any correlation of crimes committed using silencers. In fact, the number of crimes committed using silencers is so low, it is within the margin of numerical error within the general statistics relating to crime. Numbers provided directly from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives support these statements.
                I urge you to sincerely evaluate the benign and responsible uses of suppressors in hunting and sporting applications and consider becoming a cosponsor of the Hearing Protection Act.

Thank you for your consideration of my viewpoint on this matter. I believe it is an important issue, and would like to see the Hearing Protection Act pass to ensure that Americans are able to freely practice their sport and protect their hearing.

Respectfully Requested,

(Insert your name here)

Comment

• Flyguy11
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2015

Let me know if the link doesn't work. I feel strong enough about this I joined the ASA.

Comment

Working...
                  X