• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yumbo
    Unwashed
    • Jul 2016

Integral suppressor manufacturers?

My primary use for my firearms has been self-defense, and other than my love of duck meat pushing me into trying out duck hunting at some point, I doubt that use will see me perform many long range shots.For my first 6.5 build, I've participated in the Faxon 16" bbl buy and look forward to shooting. For self defense inside an apartment or home though, a suppressor would be worth its weight in gold for protecting my hearing, as well as the hearing of those I'm protecting.

Are there any integral suppressors for the Grendel? I've been toying with shooting Liberty suppressors an email, as I like their 10/22 Pinnacle 2 Integral( also own a 10/22 takedown). The problems with velocity and range are thrown out the window when engaging inside of an apartment or even larger home. so I'm not too concerned about the downsides other than cost.

Note: I'm not looking to buy this now. I'm merely asking if it's even a thing. So far google has failed me.
  • mongoosesnipe
    Chieftain
    • May 2012

the easy answer is no..... hypothetically an integral setup could be produced but the ar15 platform is not really and ideal host for integral suppression as for suppressing the grendel any 30 cal can will do
    Last edited by mongoosesnipe; 08-15-2016, 12:50 PM.
    Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• BR17722
      Unwashed
      • Oct 2014

Look at templarcustom.com for the Dagger Integral Suppressor. Not much info given except PRICE. In 2006-2007 (before the first Forum crash) Templar built a few 6.5 Grendels and the 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbook is shown on their website. I did not find anything about a 6.5 version of the Dagger.

T
      member since 2004; unmembered in 2011 "spam" attack

Comment

• kmon
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2015

See they make them for ARs, might be worth calling

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
          Chieftain
          • May 2012

there are a few made mostly in blackout but they are not really integrally suppressed like 22s often are the integrally suppressed the integrally suppressed ARs are just short barrels with suppressors permanently attached to save on the sbr stamp which you can in theory just do your self if you weld your suppressor onto a short barrel
          Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• ajsawyer
            Unwashed
            • Apr 2016

I bet that Liberty would build you a Leonidas in 6.5 grendel if you sent them your barrel etc, but there's a waiting list and it is not cheap. If you're only using it for home defense you'd be better off with 300 blackout shooting subsonics.

Do you have access to a lathe? I'm just now finishing a Titanium form 1 suppressor build on a 20" barrel that is 11" long, 1.625" OD, but only adds 5" to the barrel length. Total cost to me is about $350 including the stamp. Hopefully I'll be finished with it this week.

Comment

• RicosRevenge
              Warrior
              • Jan 2016

Originally posted by ajsawyer View Post
              If you're only using it for home defense you'd be better off with 300 blackout shooting subsonics.
              ^^^ This... and you will have the option of using the suppressor on other rifles as well.

Comment

• cory
                Chieftain
                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by ajsawyer View Post
                If you're only using it for home defense you'd be better off with 300 blackout shooting subsonics...
                This is not true.

However, you would be better suited with a shorter barrel, if you decide a QD suppressor is a better option for you.
                "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Klem
                  Chieftain
                  • Aug 2013

Even with a suppressor firing subsonics, everyone in the house will know when you pull that trigger. It's not like the movies.

You're the good guy, blast them with sound as well as lead.

Comment

Working...
                  X