• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kpswihart
    Warrior
    • Dec 2016

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
    The problem is that no matter how you configure a muzzle device, even with linear comps, you are going to have unmitigated concussion less than 2feet away from your face, ears, and head.

That overpressure event on the atmosphere around your head is going to sting your eyes, nose, face, ears, and mastoid bones.

A 5" TBAC Titanium can is really your best answer. They don't add a ton of length of weight to the gun at all, and are barely noticeable even on a 20".
    Here's a late update. And, a question or two. I went with the KAW Valley Linear Comp. I've been fairly happy with it over the past few years, but I'm ready to move to a suppressor. Contemplating going with TBAC, but not sure which makes more sense, the 5 or 7. I have a 12" Faxon GB and an 18" Odin with Intermediate Length Gas. Any thoughts now that you've had experience with both?

I'm fairly ignorant on the increased pressure characteristics and how best to mitigate them. Is there a Supressor 101 document out there somewhere that would help me get educated?

I really appreciate all the knowledge shared on this site, what an awesome group.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
      Administrator
      • Feb 2011

I read the TBAC website a couple weeks ago and I thought the 6.5 Ultra 7 would be best for me cuz the decibel reduction is a big step up from the Ultra 5 but not different enough from the Ultra 9. Seems the best compromise — particularly for a 12" barrel.
      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• kpswihart
        Warrior
        • Dec 2016

52 recommended the 5, earlier in this thread, but that may have been before he had some time with the 7. I think I read another thread where he thought the 30 cal suppressor would do better in a gas gun as it reduces some of the back pressure / port noise. I'm leaning towards a 30 cal Ultra 7, but I want to read some more to make sure I have a clearer understanding of the pros, cons, and variables.

Comment

• FALer
          Bloodstained
          • Oct 2019

Originally posted by Chrazy-Chris View Post
          I had a bad experience with my first suppressor, a Specwar762... the thing is super heavy and 9" long so I had the same impression that you apparently do.
          Was your bad experience the length and weight, or was it something else?

Ah, necro thread.
          Last edited by FALer; 01-13-2020, 03:09 AM. Reason: necro

Comment

• TNhuntsman
            Warrior
            • Nov 2018

TBAC is releasing the details to a whole new line of suppressors this week and they will be for sale next week.
            Might be worth checking out, lightweight and full auto rated.

Comment

• kpswihart
              Warrior
              • Dec 2016

Originally posted by TNhuntsman View Post
              TBAC is releasing the details to a whole new line of suppressors this week and they will be for sale next week.
              Interesting. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

• mtnlvr
                Warrior
                • Feb 2019

Originally posted by TNhuntsman View Post
                Do you have a link to that info? Or details on how you came to know of a new TBAC line?

Comment

• TNhuntsman
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2018

Ray from TBAC posted a teaser video on Arfcom and snipershide shooting the suppressor until it glows, the thread on snipershide has more info and responses from Zak from TBAC stating that they will release specs the week before shot and will take orders after SHOT opens.

Don't know if it's ok to post a link to another forum but I can take it down if need be; here's the link. https://forum.snipershide.com/threads/teaser.6977404/

Comment

• LRRPF52
                    Super Moderator
                    • Sep 2014

The problem with a gas gun when you use a really high efficiency suppressor (smallest bore for caliber and good baffle arrays) is that you get a lot of back pressure in the system, which vents out the chamber.

On the AR15, it also manifests as gas vent relief hole pop in the BCG through the ejection port, so this is why I prefer .30 can cans with 6.5mm, to allow more relief out the front.

Will be interested to see the new TBAC cans.

Last edited by LRRPF52; 01-15-2020, 02:41 AM.
                    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• mtnlvr
                      Warrior
                      • Feb 2019

Nice looking suppressor!

Comment

• kpswihart
                        Warrior
                        • Dec 2016

Thanks for the info, definitely looks like something to be checked out. The shorter length, with increased performance, seems to be a no brainer.

Comment

• TNhuntsman
                          Warrior
                          • Nov 2018

The CB Dominus looks good to me at 6.25" and suppresses better than the Ultra 7 but right now I'm more concerned about suppression then length so I'm holding out for the new Dead Air Nomad-L. If they came out with a 8.25" that suppressed better than the Ultra 9, I'd be all over it.

Comment

Working...
                          X