• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frontier Gear
    Warrior
    • Nov 2017

Great 2 Stamp Hunting Rifle

As you all know by now, I really like a good hunting rifle. Today I was at my buddies shop in Spokane and he showed me his latest two stamp rifle that he will be using this fall in my neck of the woods. It was great. The only thing was that it was in the wrong caliber, 300blk.

It had an SRC lower with a Faxxon 10 inch barrel and a suppressor that fit under the hand guard. The suppressor stuck out maybe two inches. It wasn't this one, but very similar.

fightlite scr sbr.jpg

I have to say that it handled very well and "felt" much more like a hunting rifle. The way the hand guard surrounded the suppressor made it feel much more natural. Not like a soda can hanging off the end of my rifle. I immediately thought of the Faxon 12 inch Grendel barrels when I saw it. Anybody have any experience running a Faxon or Odin 12" barrel in 6.5 Grendel with a suppressor?
    Engineer, FFL and Pastor
  • Bigs28
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2016

Yes but i left my can out of my handguard because i like the look.

I ordered one of the 12" Faxon barrels A LONG time ago. Finally got my tax stamp back at the end of March. Over the last month I have been gathering the rest of the parts and assembled the rifle to where I could go shoot it taking my BCG and Charging handle from my 16" Grendel. Current build pieces Tax stamped
    Attached Files

Comment

• Frontier Gear
      Warrior
      • Nov 2017

Nice, did you ever figure out your cycling issue?
      Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• Bigs28
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2016

Not entirely. I just got a jp scs h2 and cleaned and lubed heavily. Will get out again in a few weeks to try. Im still waiting on my new bcg that is not supposed to require any lube. Cryptic coatings.

Comment

• Frontier Gear
          Warrior
          • Nov 2017

hmm, That could be a problem for the SCR lower. You can't use an adjustable spring system with it. All the adjustments have to be in the gas block.
          Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• Bevo
            Warrior
            • Feb 2018

I have a build with the 12" Faxon barrel and a 11.7" SLR Ion Ultralite handguard. I have hunted with it and it's definitely much easier to lug around than my 20 incher!

Waiting on a stamp for my YHM Resonator though.

Also have a 10.5" 300BLK build that I'll use the same can on (shown below).

Comment

Working...
            X