Opinion. Rugged only, another Micro 30 or Surge or Razor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • burnsy13
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2017

Opinion. Rugged only, another Micro 30 or Surge or Razor?

Just to keep things simple for the Grendel's, I'm sticking with Rugged for the same mounting system on my rifles.

I have one Micro 30 in NFA jail. I like every rifle I own to have a can because I'm weird and I hate money. I like being able to swap em around though, so I went Surefire SOCOM line on all my 5.56 rifles.

I can't decide if I want to just get another Micro 30 (least expensive option), the Razor, or the Surge for something dramatically different.

Rifles will be a 12.5" SBR, 18", probably a 20" soon enough, and the GF has interest in the caliber so who knows what she'll end up doing. Just being indecisive for my two suppressors that will be swapped between my two Grendel's and at minimum her Grendel build.
  • Bigs28
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2016

I have a 12" sbr suppressed. My 12" is significantly louder then my 16". I don't know surefire suppressors but if you want to suppress a 12.5" i would recommend whichever one suppresses more. I went with a 7" tbac over a 5" and am very happy i did. Lrr uses a 5" on his 12" barrel and he seems very happy with his choice as well though.

Comment

• Gringoloco
      Warrior
      • Dec 2017

I went with the Surge as I was going for max sound reduction and using on multiple calibers. I ended up getting a smoking good deal on it now just waiting for the ATF to do its thing. So guess it ends up depending on if you want a little more suppression or a little less weight.

Comment

• grendelnubi
        Warrior
        • Apr 2017

I think the Micro is the best choice. Best of both worlds, short for 6.5 Grendel hunting and longer for larger calibers. Its like two suppressors in one, good concept. Surge may have a few less decibels than Razor or Micro, but who could tell, really.

I did pick up the Razor for $600 plus extra flash hider and cap which is the main reason I went with the Rugged Razor.

I just picked it and shot my Razor on my 12.7" this saturday. Even without hearing protection and it sounded really good.

Comment

• delt475
          Bloodstained
          • Sep 2019

If you you have a micro might as well buy the Surge or Razor. There might come a time when you want maximum db reduction.

I have a Surge and nothing bad to say about it. It works very well. Randomly on my LR308 there is next to zero poi shift when I put a the can on it. I think their cans are very well built.

If I were to ever buy another can I would buy a Rugged for sure. I bought 5 new ones before 41F went into effect. Surge, Cosmic, Ti-rant, and an Eco9. The Surge is the best of them. If Cosmic had a good quick disconnect mount, it would be close

Comment

Working...
          X