• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aaholland
    Unwashed
    • Sep 2018

11.5 inch suppressed gas port size?

What size gas port is needed for a always suppressed 11.5 inch carbine gas barrel? I would rather not need an adjustable gas block.

I am ordering a PF 6.5 Grendel Criterion Barrel and was going to ask them to drill the gas port to size if they do that.
  • aaholland
    Unwashed
    • Sep 2018

They recommended .90 for suppressed use but that seems to big? I thought suppressed use would need a smaller size?

Comment

• Breeze
      Unwashed
      • Oct 2017

Take a look at the bootleg adjustable carrier, a little spendy but well worth the money ,for tuning the gas flow

Comment

• Simple1
        Unwashed
        • Nov 2018

I don't think you can go wrong with an adjustable gas block. Set it and forget it if you'll always be shooting the same ammo in the same configuration (suppressed). Otherwise it's a gamble and you may end up with an unreliable rifle.

Comment

• aaholland
          Unwashed
          • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Simple1 View Post
          I don't think you can go wrong with an adjustable gas block. Set it and forget it if you'll always be shooting the same ammo in the same configuration (suppressed). Otherwise it's a gamble and you may end up with an unreliable rifle.
          I am not sure why everyone pushes the adjustable gas blocks. With properly size gas port there is zero need for an extra component. It is not a cost thing I just want to tune my rifle from the start with a properly sized gas port. I can always drill the hole bigger if I run into function issues.

Comment

Working...
          X