• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bronsonburner
    Warrior
    • Dec 2018

Any recent dealings with Silencer Shop?

My only NFA item is a Spectre II I bought with a trust just before 41P happened. Now that it's time for me to buy a rifle can I'd like to know how Silencer Shop's Single Shot trust works. Does it help make the process any less painful? There are a couple local places around me with the fingerprint kiosks. Is it better to do it this way or should I just use the trust I already have (my wife is the only other trustee BTW)?
  • mbogo
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2019

If you buy their 'single shot trust', it is item-specific and you are the only 'responsible person'. You can add trustees afterwards without sending in a 'responsible person' form to NFA Branch.

If you use the Silencer Shop kiosk, they will save your photographs and fingerprints for the next time you go through them for an item, even if it's going to be on a new 'single shot' trust. This is the biggest benefit in my opinion.

Using your existing trust, you have to include a copy with your Form 4 submissions, then update Schedule A when the new stamp arrives. All 'responsible persons' must submit photos and fingerprints with new Form 4s for that trust. To me, that is a bigger hassle.

Comment

• imaguy3
      Warrior
      • Mar 2018

I used the single shot trust and had a kiosk near me.. super easy.. I went in and did everything in 20 min... the hardest part was waiting for the stamp

Comment

• OpFor1
        Warrior
        • Jan 2019

I called them the other day about a Q Thunder Chicken. In 5 minutes they had all my necessary information. Told me to hit the kiosk for picture and fingerprints and that would be it. If it is really that easy, that is a lot better than the 1500.00 I paid a lawyer to look over my paperwork and form a trust.

Comment

Working...
        X