• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

AGB settings for several loads, on 16" with Suppressor

So, here's a question for those horde-sters with suppressor experience.
    Say I want to shoot a 16" grendel, with an adjustable gas block and suppressor.
    But want to have one basic setting for a few loads, so they would all cycle.
    Granted maybe not all of these will eventually fit for me, but all have been chrono'ed for this barrel, and it would be great for 3-4 of them to work suppressed on a single setting.
    Probably will be dedicated suppr, won't shoot this pipe un-suppressed once set up.

Which load will be the lightest I should set, with the others all cycling, maybe a little heavier but cycle ok.
    1. 90 gr tnt at 2690 ft/s (h335)
    2. 95 Vmax at 2650 ft/s (h335)
    3. 100 Eldm at 2630 (Xbr)
    4. 120 fusion (2430)
    5. 123 sst/eldm (2430)

thanks.
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Gray. Take this for what it is, I don't have a can but.

What I do for my ar grendels is set the gas with wolf fmj's. They are the lightest loads I run. When set with them everything else seems to run just fine.

Maybe you could try that and see how it goes for you. Again not sure how it will act with the can installed. But it would be cheaper to try the wolf to set it and see what happens. Then it would to run good handloads first trying to achieve the gas setting your wanting.

Comment

• grayfox
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2017

A5,
      Did a little experiment like that last nite...
      I can't do Wolf (Barnaul) b/c steel core ammo, not allowed at my range.
      BUT... 90 gr federal tnt's had the most blowback and my 123's etc were better, so I think maybe I can set for the 90's and let the others fire away.
      More testing to follow.

Actually the 123 handload I have may be the one I do suppressed period... still pondering.
      "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
        A5,
        Did a little experiment like that last nite...
        I can't do Wolf (Barnaul) b/c steel core ammo, not allowed at my range.
        BUT... 90 gr federal tnt's had the most blowback and my 123's etc were better, so I think maybe I can set for the 90's and let the others fire away.
        More testing to follow.

Actually the 123 handload I have may be the one I do suppressed period... still pondering.
        Roger that. Good luck finding the gas setting your hoping for.

I'm glad the ranges I use don't care what I shoot. Heck I could shoot armor pertaining rounds if I wanted too.

Comment

Working...
        X